I upset the Apple Cult

Grnzoom

Reaction score
I have a Apple Itouch. Nice little gismo until I got my Droid X.
I often went to the Itouch fourm to educate myself.
I posted on the fourm that I got a Droid X and the Itouch is now a paperweight and how cool the X was.
WELL, my post was closed!
I wrote another post asking what happend to free speach ect.. and asked.. did I upset the apple cult?
Those guys hove no sence of humor. dancedroid
Nick

That's because you're immature and just wanna get flamed. That's like going to a Boston Celtics forum and saying how great it is to jump ship to be a Laker fan.

It's iPod touch, not iTouch. Also, an iPod touch is not a phone. Grow up.

If you were to compare the Droid X to maybe an iPhone, I understand. I have both and both have strengths and weaknesses. But I now prefer my DX.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm with oo3. I love tweakin' me some Apple fanboys, but I'll do it from over here where it's considered acceptable behavior.

There is no such thing as free speech in someone else's house.

That's because you're immature and just wanna get flamed. That's like going to a Boston Celtics forum and saying how great it is to jump ship to be a Laker fan.

It's iPod touch, not iTouch. Also, an iPod touch is not a phone. Grow up.

If you were to compare the Droid X to maybe an iPhone, I understand. I have both and both have strengths and weaknesses. But I now prefer my DX.

WOW... guess you told me... didn't you...:palm:

I have a Apple Itouch. Nice little gismo until I got my Droid X.
I often went to the Itouch fourm to educate myself.
I posted on the fourm that I got a Droid X and the Itouch is now a paperweight and how cool the X was.
WELL, my post was closed!
I wrote another post asking what happend to free speach ect.. and asked.. did I upset the apple cult?
Those guys hove no sence of humor. dancedroid
Nick

Your post was closed for the same reason it would be here if you bought an iPhone 4 and came in here and told us how your Droid X was now a paperweight and the iPhone was so much better. Because it's the time of post that brings out the worst in the fanboys from both camps.

I myself see the use in both devices, that's why I have an iPod Touch AND a Droid. Like the above poster said, you're comparing apples to oranges anyways. A gaming device/media player is not comparable to a smartphone, simply because the smartphone can be pretty much constantly connected to the network. And it can make calls.

Let's be honest, moderated forums are like oppressive regimes. Seems like forums should be overflowing with free speech, but it's not the case.

A thread denouncing Android for Apple would be allowed as it's not violating anything... but it would have to remain civil and respectful.

But that's getting in the ring with the bull and taunting it. What are the chances it remains civil? LOL

I'm all for a lil rousing but sometimes it's a losing battle :icon_ devil:

My post on Itouch AKA IPod Touch was all in fun. I didn't slam the Touch.
Don't get so Touch-ie here too.

I'm not saying this is what Nick did...but after visiting Android forums for over 6-months, I'm still puzzled by the occasional "YEAH, I BOUGHT THE COMPETITOR'S PRODUCT AND YOURS IS A POS!!!!!" message. Actually, they are sometimes quite well-written and well thought out, e.g., "Here are the 174 reasons I decided to return your product and get the one you hate."

Really, as I was returning a defective item, I never once thought to myself "Now I need to register at the user forum, and explain to all the loyal users why I decided not to keep it. Better warn them about the dangers!"

I'm sure each person has a different reason for doing it. But common sense dictates...bull...taunt. Not good.

-Matt

My post on Itouch AKA IPod Touch was all in fun. I didn't slam the Touch.
Don't get so Touch-ie here too.
OH DUDE are you serious? Now I have to go and retract my stupid rant! :mad:

-Matt

Back