I upset the Apple Cult

oc noob

Reaction score
I have the X and the Touch, and use them both for different purposes. The X for all it obvious awesome reasons and the Touch because it is a multimedia King compared to the, not so sure how to handle media, X. This is where the Android O/S falls short. For all it can do, and do well, it can't seem to do the media so well. Look at all the media players in the market places trying to fix the issue. The main thing is the media control from the headset. To have this control on my X while driving my routes, I would toss my Touch out the window!

Sorry so long!

Then again it will soon do flash and you can play just about any kind of media, not just Apple codecs so adroid does media extemely well, just not as polished or as user friendly (since you have to download the appropriate apps).

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have the X and the Touch, and use them both for different purposes. The X for all it obvious awesome reasons and the Touch because it is a multimedia King compared to the, not so sure how to handle media, X. This is where the Android O/S falls short. For all it can do, and do well, it can't seem to do the media so well. Look at all the media players in the market places trying to fix the issue. The main thing is the media control from the headset. To have this control on my X while driving my routes, I would toss my Touch out the window!

Sorry so long!

Then again it will soon do flash and you can play just about any kind of media, not just Apple codecs so adroid does media extemely well, just not as polished or as user friendly (since you have to download the appropriate apps).
Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with stargazin on this one. But maybe it's because I'm a PC guy, and not a Mac guy. ;) I'm used to fiddling with software and hardware, so it don't bother me none if I have to download a dedicated media player, install a new video card...whatever. It's fun, and sometimes it's a good challenge.

I suspect Linux people are the same way. Maybe the Mac mentality ("I just want it to WORK, dammit!") doesn't really match well with the Droid and the open-source model. The fact that it's a versatile device/platform is a real plus for me.

-Matt

Reaction score
BEST... VIDEO... EVER!!!

[video=youtube;FL7yD-0pqZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg]YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo[/video]

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No, I am not a fanboy of anyhting really but I do find iFans to be really solid in their opinions. No "haha" for them...

Ucla74

Reaction score
I have a Apple Itouch. Nice little gismo until I got my Droid X.
I often went to the Itouch fourm to educate myself.
I posted on the fourm that I got a Droid X and the Itouch is now a paperweight and how cool the X was.
WELL, my post was closed!
I wrote another post asking what happend to free speach ect.. and asked.. did I upset the apple cult?
Those guys hove no sence of humor. dancedroid
Nick

Most moderators (and any worth the name) would close (or remove) your post since it pretty much fits the classic definition of trolling. And yes, I've been a forum moderator...spent over 10 years doing it, from CompuServe to IGN's Vault Network.

Reaction score
Most moderators (and any worth the name) would close (or remove) your post since it pretty much fits the classic definition of trolling. And yes, I've been a forum moderator...spent over 10 years doing it, from CompuServe to IGN's Vault Network.

Couldn't disagree with you more... that is, if they had been a longtime participating member of the message board. (That's my assumption here...)

If the person created an account recently and posted that the iFraud was a paperweight, then yeah, that's trolling.

If someone was a contributing member of this Forum and tomorrow comes in saying that his Droid is now a paperweight after purchasing the Blackberry Bold, then why would a moderator close/delete/ban that person?

Ucla74

Reaction score

Couldn't disagree with you more... that is, if they had been a longtime participating member of the message board. (That's my assumption here...)

If the person created an account recently and posted that the iFraud was a paperweight, then yeah, that's trolling.

If someone was a contributing member of this Forum and tomorrow comes in saying that his Droid is now a paperweight after purchasing the Blackberry Bold, then why would a moderator close/delete/ban that person?

That's exactly why moderated Internet forums eventually all go to hell: Moderators either don't, or aren't permitted to, moderate all posters equally. So, long-time posters think they can flout the rules at will, and in time it gets out of hand.

I was only trying to point out why the OP was modded. Whether people agree with the rationale is a different issue entirely.

Reaction score
That's exactly why moderated Internet forums eventually all go to hell: Moderators either don't, or aren't permitted to, moderate all posters equally. So, long-time posters think they can flout the rules at will, and in time it gets out of hand.

Wow, really? The reason why I am an Android user and not an iPhone user is because Apple censors their applications, etc. When an online Message Board/Forum starts censoring their poster's threads, I have a serious issue with that Moderator and/or Admin. Furthermore, if a message board says "You can not post that the XXXX sucks, blows, or in any way has a flaw" then I don't register for an account with them in the first place.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The issue of seniority is interesting, but should be irrelevant. In reality, many (most?) people on a forum are polarized...the majority love the corresponding product, while the minority hate it. (One exception: go check out the Sansa View forum!)

Go back and read what the OP said (he later said he was joking...not clear if that's true or not). It would have been polite and acceptable to say "Gee I've had bad luck with the iPod Touch, so I'm gonna try the Droid" but that's not how he put it. In fact, for some strange reason, I can't remember ever seeing a "I'm dropping the product" post that was that civil.

-Matt

Reaction score
The issue of seniority is interesting, but should be irrelevant.

My point wasn't a matter of seniority, but if you look at it, someone that's been a member longer would be less likely to "troll" on a message board whereas someone that registered 2 hours ago and/or has only a very small handful of posts, that would put up a red flag as a classic Troll.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The issue of seniority is interesting, but should be irrelevant.

My point wasn't a matter of seniority, but if you look at it, someone that's been a member longer would be less likely to "troll" on a message board whereas someone that registered 2 hours ago and/or has only a very small handful of posts, that would put up a red flag as a classic Troll.
You're right, they're definitely correlated. I think we all look over to the message count, and smack ourselves when the "troll" has 2 messages. :icon_ devil:
-Matt