I touched one.

???

Reaction score
My Touchpad takes 1 -2 seconds to turn when rotated, and it's annoying; just saying.

the question is, if you had it to do again, would you pick up another touch pad?

remember what brought this all up is that 1-2 sec delay is a deal breaker for buying a nexus. to which i said go buy something else than, because android will always have some flaws(for lack of a better word) like that, that are fixable, but if youre not willing to fix them. rethink your os. apple is not a bad word. it is a real option, one that is better for some people. and if you don't wanna fall under fan boys ourself, should be offered up to people that it would be a better fit for.

no reason to buy a phone youre not going to be happy with, or annoyed by when there's something out there that fills the void.

???

Reaction score
This thread is starting to go Way south

just pointing out that buzz words like this just don't make any sense if you really look at what you do with your phone...

Perhaps they consider their phone a tool to use for actual productive work and not a toy.

just about anything these days will handle your work email and search the web for whatever info you need, as well as stay in touch with people, be it phone calls or text.

so anything above and beyond that is just a big kids tech gadget toy that we all did without 10years ago and didn't care one bit. some people just don't like the word playing, but really thats all we are doing. i'm playing around on a message board right now.

but i'll stop

gthotie5

Reaction score
the question is, if you had it to do again, would you pick up another touch pad?

remember what brought this all up is that 1-2 sec delay is a deal breaker for buying a nexus. to which i said go buy something else than, because android will always have some flaws(for lack of a better word) like that, that are fixable, but if youre not willing to fix them. rethink your os. apple is not a bad word. it is a real option, one that is better for some people. and if you don't wanna fall under fan boys ourself, should be offered up to people that it would be a better fit for.

no reason to buy a phone youre not going to be happy with, or annoyed by when there's something out there that fills the void.

No, Apple isn't bad but its not for me Android is the OS for me I want 4g and freedom. Apple doesn't have either of those. They give you an app drawer and a wallpaper, No thanks.
Your also wrong about android and lag. The SGII has very little lag unlike the nexus and that is because of the processor.

People just keep making excuses for this phone.

robbo323

Reaction score
Camera...so as we have all heard. Kinda weak. It appears to be true. yes there is no shutter lag. but just panning around taking a couple pics. they were all blurry. there were a lot of options for camera settings, timelapse, panorama, other filters and editing tools. programming is great but the functioning is a little off.

Is this camera really that bad? For example, how does it compare to my OG Droid? Is this thing so bad that its a step back, or is it bad simply as compared to the latest, greatest camera tech available?

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Is this camera really that bad? For example, how does it compare to my OG Droid? Is this thing so bad that its a step back, or is it bad simply as compared to the latest, greatest camera tech available?

No, it is not bad, more the latter part of your post. See link below. Most criticism is for the low-light shots, but this could likely be corrected with a software update.

Galaxy Nexus sample shots - Engadget Galleries

I think the real problem surrounding this phone is that all the hype and anticipation it's had, has been built to level that can't be achieved.

Last edited:

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
No, it is not bad, more the latter part of your post. See link below. Most criticism is for the low-light shots, but this could likely be corrected with a software update.

I think the real problem surrounding this phone is that all the hype and anticipation it's had, has been built to level that can't be achieved.

Post of the day! Can we get this guy an award?! Seriously. Finally someone who posts a worthy comment. If I could like a post more than once this would be the one. I think he needs a name change to GeniusGenius. :gotmyvote:

robbo323

Reaction score

Thanks. Checked out that gallery. That was a big help. And agree on the hype/anticipation.