i think i have bricked my droid 4

jmonty42

Reaction score
outerbanker1, if it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat as you. I had upgraded to JB and rooted with the RAZR utility through Windows 7 64-bit just fine. The one problem was that because I had swapped the partitions to make the phone treat the external SD card like the internal memory and vice versa (running on stock, no ROM), the phone couldn't read either now. I decided to do a factory reset and that didn't fix it. So then I tried to reflash JB with the RAZR utility again. However this time I did it from Linux (Ubuntu 64-bit). It failed while flashing the bootloader (I believe) and wouldn't turn on ever again. I don't even get the green light when I plug it in - nothing. I'm still under warranty, so I'm just replacing it through Verizon. The replacement should be here tomorrow.

Myfishbear, I assume a "jtag repair place" would be able to re-flash the phone without going through the USB port, right? What is required to do that? Any special hardware/software? Are there any guides out there for this?

OP
O

outerbanker1

Reaction score
to let you know

sent this back to moto and hopefully will get it back tomorrow or friday. it was still under the warrenty. DancingNexus