I Think I Bricked My Phone!!!!

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I think I messed up, guys.

I read the thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-update-file-str8-moto-no-root-necessary.html and wanted to try it out. I did exactly as instructed and updated my phone to 5.5.893 and everything was going well. Then the more I read the more I decided I should probably switch back to the original software.. I'm not rooted and am unfamiliar with rooting so I've never done it before and I didn't do it for this update. I went to Droid Bionic gets Fastboot Recovery files for broken software and bricked devices and followed the directions EXACTLY. I downloaded everything it said to (everything except v5.2.1 64-bit because it said my computer didn't support it) and hooked my phone up to my laptop and started the process. After going through all these steps, I got this message:

Failed flashing process. 1/5 cdt.bin.... and it goes on and on. Now my phone has a blank screen that says:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.61
Battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

What does this mean?? What did I do??? I knew I shouldn't have messed with my phone... I knew I'd probably mess it up.... I feel horrible and I really really need this phone to work again. Please help!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions????

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
UPDATE:

All is well!!!!! I freaked out when the directions in my above post's link didn't work, but I found a website that had a one-click method that set me straight. I am up and running and that was DEFINITELY a lesson I learned :)

****Mods, you can delete this thread :)

bionicdr

Reaction score
UPDATE:

All is well!!!!! I freaked out when the directions in my above post's link didn't work, but I found a website that had a one-click method that set me straight. I am up and running and that was DEFINITELY a lesson I learned :)

****Mods, you can delete this thread :)

It would be nice if you could post where you found the fix for those of us who find we are searching for help. That is why we use forums.

Globed

Reaction score
It would be nice if you could post where you found the fix for those of us who find we are searching for help. That is why we use forums.

Well here is your one click fast reboot. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html
Also Please just beaware the Fastboot restores Dont do an entire full restore. If your still having issues RSD lite and you will want to restore and flash the entire system. So please be aware of that!

Globed

Reaction score
I think I messed up, guys.

I read the thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-update-file-str8-moto-no-root-necessary.html and wanted to try it out. I did exactly as instructed and updated my phone to 5.5.893 and everything was going well. Then the more I read the more I decided I should probably switch back to the original software.. I'm not rooted and am unfamiliar with rooting so I've never done it before and I didn't do it for this update. I went to Droid Bionic gets Fastboot Recovery files for broken software and bricked devices and followed the directions EXACTLY. I downloaded everything it said to (everything except v5.2.1 64-bit because it said my computer didn't support it) and hooked my phone up to my laptop and started the process. After going through all these steps, I got this message:

Failed flashing process. 1/5 cdt.bin.... and it goes on and on. Now my phone has a blank screen that says:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.61
Battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

What does this mean?? What did I do??? I knew I shouldn't have messed with my phone... I knew I'd probably mess it up.... I feel horrible and I really really need this phone to work again. Please help!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions????

Do Not Panic. Your phone is booting in to fastboot thats a good thing means your not hard bricked. So I provided a link below to the Fastboot one click method. If that doesnt work you will need to use RSD. the One-click method only installs the kernal, system, and recovery files. Here is the link for RSD lite method Droid Bionic Receives Fastboot Recovery Files - BriefMobile

jsan2727

Reaction score
Do Not Panic. Your phone is booting in to fastboot thats a good thing means your not hard bricked. So I provided a link below to the Fastboot one click method. If that doesnt work you will need to use RSD. the One-click method only installs the kernal, system, and recovery files. Here is the link for RSD lite method Droid Bionic Receives Fastboot Recovery Files - BriefMobile

LOL, im begining to panic...

Im not new to rooting, i rooted my OG droid as well as my dinc

i followed the directions in the link quoted above, did this three times on two different computers and usb cables, i get the same error on RSD Lite: "Failed flash process. Failed flashing process. 1/15 flash "cdt.bin" - Phone returned Fail.; phone connected"

I checked to make sure that my moto drivers are updated, im stuck, i need this phone for tomorrow at work, any ideas?? thanks

Globed

Reaction score
First off try restarting ur comp and if ur using a desktop make sure u use the back ports on ur comp. Try that and get back to me via email. Cameron @droid-bible.com

jsan2727

Reaction score
after rebooting phone, this is what i see:

invalid falsh mode (s) (boot failure)
0A.61

battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG:system): Invalid SP Data

Invalid CG OTV (CG:webtop): Invalid SP Data

Invalid CG HAB (CG:webtop, staus: 0X0035)

Invalid CG OTV (CG:webtop)

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
download and extract the files from this post Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method
to your pc, leave your phone in fastboot, open the folder and start the "runmebbb" file
you dont have to do anything to your phone during this process untill the end, your pc may ask you to click through, do that

when its done the phone should boot into recovery, reboot the phone and cross your fingers lol

post back if you have any issues or questions

jsan2727

Reaction score
download and extract the files from this post Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method
to your pc, leave your phone in fastboot, open the folder and start the "runmebbb" file
you dont have to do anything to your phone during this process untill the end, your pc may ask you to click through, do that

when its dont the phone should boot into recovery, reboot the phone and cross your fingers lol

post back if you have any issues or questions

when i do from the begining it says device not found, i cant boot the phone normally, can only get into fastboot and recovery

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
when i do from the begining it says device not found, i cant boot the phone normally, can only get into fastboot and recovery

hmmm, you have the moto drivers installed on your pc? (if not you need to install them) if so try the other "runme" file, i have used that script before when stuck in fastboot, it will slide by the first part (which isnt that important in your situation) to the fastboot part.

the difference in the runme files only has to do with root and doesnt affect the base script.