Help please I think I bricked my Motorola Droid Maxx Dev Edition.

Knight71

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Maxx Dev Ed.
I think I bricked my phone but im not sure if its a soft or hard brick. I got the phone and it had Droid 4.2.2 on it and then unlocked the bootloader. I then installed all of the updates to it and then rooted it with TWRP and SU. I got a stock image for my phone for 4.2.2 then I flashed the system image and all was ok when I rebooted the phone It just hung there so I then tried to go into recovery and that worked and I then tried to do a factory reset and it just got stuck in a bootloader loop it would turn on and then the bootloader warning came up and then it would be blank screen and then the bootloader warning would come up again and repeat. I am able to still go into fastboot and TWRP but I did not back up the image. Any ideas...Im a noob and I dont want a 650 dollar paperweight.

OP
K

Knight71

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ok...I got my phone up and running again. If I told you what I did to get into this situation you would just laugh. So I redone everything typed out the code and 2 items failed...I dont know if this is good or bad but my phone is up and running sort of....

OK..........fastboot oem fb_mode_set
FAILED....fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
FAILED....fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
OK..........fastboot flash logo logo.bin
OK..........fastboot flash boot boot.img
OK..........fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
OK.......mfastboot flash system system.img
OK..........fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
OK..........fastboot erase modemst1
OK..........fastboot erase modemst2
OK..........fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
OK..........fastboot erase cache
OK..........fastboot erase userdata
OK..........fastboot erase customize
OK..........fastboot erase clogo
OK..........fastboot oem config carrier vzw
OK..........fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

I then rebooted the phone and went threw the whole set up new phone process. I then unlocked developer mode did the google playstore updates. Meanwhile the phone is downloading OTA update. I did not want to install that update because I am now on 4.2.2 - 12.15.15 because I want to use FoxFi to teather my phone to my laptop using Wifi and KitKat turns off Wifi. I am having some problems with that app because now I have to set a pin password to lock the phone instead of swipe. And the other problem is that when I went back in fastboot and setup TWRP in the recover partition it just keeps rebooting into that partition like a loop not the system partition like it should. So now I dont know how im going to root my phone so I can freeze my OTA update with Titanium Backup. unless there is another way of doing it to get rid of the OTA. But I still want to be rooted im just not sure how to do it now.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Which method did you use to root?

OP
K

Knight71

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I used the CMD line
Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Android 4.2.2 Blur_Version.12.15.15.obake_verizon.Verizon.en.US for the firmware and
twrp-2.7.1.1-ghost