i think i bricked my d3...

Reaction score
What a first post huh?

i think i bricked my phone. I was trying to install deodexed 5.6.890 and the battery % on top of that. i formatted data, cache, dalvik, and system (this is probably where i messed up. plese dont flame). after that i installed from zip, the rom, followed by the mod, followed by a data wipe. i rebooted and got bootloop. this is where it gets tricky. I'm trying to sbf with rsd 5.5, but my phone just will not detect the usb cable. and this is the same cable i sbf'd to the leak with, rooted, jewremy's mods, and a lil abd theming (i changed the status background to clear black). the computer picks up my phone and asks for drivers (which i installed.. i think? 5.2.0 end user drivers sound familiar to anyone?) but the phone (in fastboot mode) still says connect usb data cable..

is there anything i can do to save my phone? i messed up big this time...

i forgot to mention i'm using 32 bit windows xp, if that helps at all. this anxiety is killing me...

ps. if this thread doesnt belong here, please move it to where it has to go

Darksthour

Reaction score
Try reinstalling the moto drivers. That's where I would go first. Then see if it detects.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mrcastillo

Reaction score
hold volume down while powering up may be 2 seconds that will put U in fastboot.
then in fastboot do fastboot -w a couple of times just to make sure the darn thing got clean.
then in rsd flash the SWU.zip. once U got it running n get it rooted n stuff "do not flash the battery zip file at the same time as U do the deodexed rom. do the rom 1st then reboot set it up n then do the battery.zip thing..........(the same stuff happened to me 4 times today n that's how i got it working).
Hope this helps..............

OP
A
Reaction score
first, thank you guys for the responses.
hold volume down while powering up may be 2 seconds that will put U in fastboot.
then in fastboot do fastboot -w a couple of times just to make sure the darn thing got clean.
then in rsd flash the SWU.zip. once U got it running n get it rooted n stuff "do not flash the battery zip file at the same time as U do the deodexed rom. do the rom 1st then reboot set it up n then do the battery.zip thing..........(the same stuff happened to me 4 times today n that's how i got it working).
Hope this helps..............
mr castillo, what do you mean by fastboot -w?
EDIT: that's an adb command right? ok, i got my phone to detect usb.. thats a huuuge step...
EDIT: unbricked!!!! thank you mr. castillo. if it wasnt for your adb suggestion, i would still be pulling my hair out! if we lived in the same city i'd totally buy you a beer

Last edited:

mrcastillo

Reaction score
so r U ready to do it again!!!..............glad that it helped U

M8e

Reaction score
I also did this but am new to all of this and dont know what -w is or adb. i did the fast boot and it says battery ok ok to program connect USB data cable. its connected and i am clueless as what to do next

OP
A
Reaction score
Look here and do steps 1 thu 9
[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid 3: 1.0 Gingerbread - 9-26-2011

Sent from my DROID3
i tihnk he meant his phone was not detecting usb. that's exactly what kept me from sbf'ing my phone. to get it to recognize my phone, i ran adb. the code i used was adb devices. oddly enough, it returned no devices... but my phone immediately detected the cable and it went from saying, "connect usb data cable," to "usb connected." then i flashed like normal. the following was done on win xp 32 bit.
this is a link to sdk tools, which has adb in it (it says so, i dont know, i just used the abd that came with my droid 3 easy one click v7.) whatever adb you choose to use, make sure you move the containing folder on the desktop for ease of use. turn your phone on while holding up (bp fastboot) and connect your usb cable. open up command prompt
type in...

cd desktop
cd *name of containing folder(without asterisks)*
adb
adb devices

i hope this works for you. i know my directions seem sloppy and such.. i'm no programmer. i'm just relaying what worked for me in the past. and it doesnt hurt to at least try... and good luck!

EDIT: haaaaaaa, a lil punctuation goes a long way.... (oops)

edit: come to think of it, i may have just booted in ap fastboot to get the connection to work... try that. turn on the phone while pressing vol down

Last edited: