Err:A5,70,70,00,00

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I had 2.2 installed but I couldn't get any service, it kept saying no service

So I tried the unbricking guide that was posted by Abe21599, I tried to flash the .sbf again and still no luck.

All I want to get back to now is the 2.2 or 2.1 release.

Thanks for your help

mack19318

Reaction score
Help i think i'm really bricked
When I turn on my phone I go straight to the bootloader and it says

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,00

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Take it to verizon and tell them the 2.2 update screwed up your phone, lots of people had the updates screw up their phone so it wouldn't be unusual for verizon to just switch your phone out for a new one.

OP
C

Chubbs

Reaction score
Even if i bought this phone off of eBay?

I don't think that I have a valid warranty because of that

johnzenobia

Reaction score
did you try to boot into recovery with holding down the x and power key during startup? I found a zip file that boot's up frg22d if you can get into recovery. I can email it to you if you need it. what operating system did the phone originally have? If it had 2.2 then you might be using the wrong sbf file.

OP
C

Chubbs

Reaction score
I am stuck in bootloader, I can't get into recovery....

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
your most likely bricked if you tried the sbf after 2.2 OTA.. (until we get 2.2 sbf)Motorola still will honor warrenty..

you can try P3 sbf file wont hurt but i do not think it will work..

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
did you try to boot into recovery with holding down the x and power key during startup? I found a zip file that boot's up frg22d if you can get into recovery. I can email it to you if you need it. what operating system did the phone originally have? If it had 2.2 then you might be using the wrong sbf file.

X does not have true recovery :/ it has the built in one but he used rsd lite he past that point..

OP
C

Chubbs

Reaction score
Yeah, i think im going to try P3 and if that doesn't work, ill go cry to motorola saying 2.2 ota messed up my phone and play dumb

EDIT: How long until sbf 2.2? and not the one that TBH came out with that is system only

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i think im going to try P3 and if that doesn't work, ill go cry to motorola saying 2.2 ota messed up my phone and play dumb

EDIT: How long until sbf 2.2? and not the one that TBH came out with that is system only

No one knows probably at least a couple weeks.. if ever :/

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why not use TBH 2.313 sbf to get your phone working. Then download 928 deoxed 2.3.15 rom for dx.(its just a deoxed stock rom).

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I took my phone to Verizon and didn't check the battery. My water damage sticker was messed up. The plastic was coming off from tons and tons of battery pulls. They say it voids the warranty and can't replace the phone. I supposedly added insurance the day i bought the DX but they claim that there isn't any insurance on my phone. So as of right now i'm stuck with a $500 paperweight. I have tried both SBF's with no luck. Won't get out of bootloader. RSD Lite says everything worked fine but won't reboot. So hopefully a real 2.2 sbf can be made/published. Hopefully my friend can help out by her friend being a manager at a Verizon store. We'll see..... Its been a sad couple of days at my house. I'm starting to go crazy.....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Was your phone ever immersed? If not, just get a generic battery for like $10 and take it to a different store if you have one in your area. If it got wet, though, you're kind of SOL till the SBF comes out.