I rooted. Where do I go from here? Can't find Odin

Slevinn

Reaction score
Okay, so I got my Fascinate yesterday, and rooted last night... It went perfectly. No hiccups other than driver installation for the phone.. So now I have Titanium Backup, Rom Manager.. For some reason the Market won't let me download Root Explorer or SetCPU.. So that's on hold for now I guess.. But I read the steps in HOW TO:Root, Install Clockwork, Remove Bloatware, Integrate Google, Un-root, and more which has a link to Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix but I can't find Odin anywhere? I've been looking and the link in that second post is broken for both Odin and Clockwork mod. Now, I believe I DID finally get Clockwork through ROM Manager... But still no Odin.. And when I select "back up current ROM" on ROM Manager it says:
Install from package...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

And then I have some blue text toward the top that says
Android system recovery <2e>
Samsung recovery utils
- for BML -

(the following is selectable)
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I don't believe I have an update.zip on my sdcard..

Sooo, what gives: How do I backup with ROM Manager? I think I have already backed up my apps and stuff with Titanium Backup.. But I'm still curious as to what is going on.. And How do I get Odin? Is there like a central place I can find all of this info on Odin, flashing, recovery, etc?

Thanks in advance.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
i can help well have you installed a rom usualy if you don't have a normal download through rom manager you have to go to select update.zip then go to where you downloaded your rom and select it their and it will work same problem with D1

OP
S

Slevinn

Reaction score
No, I haven't installed a ROM that I am aware of. I've been steering clear of them because I know that something isn't working properly right now.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Oh I am sorry well I will be getting my fascinate tomorrow so I will try to help u then

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

B

binxwalker

Oh I am sorry well I will be getting my fascinate tomorrow so I will try to help u then

What about just providing an answer regarding Odin? I have been trying to find information on Odin since I rooted my wife's Fascinate, and no one on this forum will provide any reasonable assistance. I have a fully rooted and moded D1 that I have had since the beginning, and I have always found plenty of assistance in working with it, but I see only a*****e responses from everyone on this section of the forum. I am experiencing the exact same issue with my wife's Fascinate, and I have seen others reporting the same issue, and the responses that I seen are from EVERYONE on this forum are either deprecating or straight-out asinine. So, would it be possible to get useful information from you or someone else regarding access to Odin?

OP
S

Slevinn

Reaction score

What about just providing an answer regarding Odin? I have been trying to find information on Odin since I rooted my wife's Fascinate, and no one on this forum will provide any reasonable assistance. I have a fully rooted and moded D1 that I have had since the beginning, and I have always found plenty of assistance in working with it, but I see only a*****e responses from everyone on this section of the forum. I am experiencing the exact same issue with my wife's Fascinate, and I have seen others reporting the same issue, and the responses that I seen are from EVERYONE on this forum are either deprecating or straight-out asinine. So, would it be possible to get useful information from you or someone else regarding access to Odin?
Binx, someone sent me Odin and cwm.tar so I was able to successfully flash it and now I've been running smooth. Have you been able to find it yet? if not I can send the two files to you if you'd like. Let me know.

Well this is a crap forum for fascinates go check xda
BlackHole is correct. I found all of my assistance at xda.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since the Fascinate doesn't seem to get any love here I suggest if you have issues to head over to XDA for your hacking/development needs....at least for the time being...

I plan on talking to the devs there and posting Roms, themes, hacks, tutorials here for the Droidforum's members...provided they have no problem with it or dont wanna do it themselves...