I regret buying the bionic

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I suddenly felt the need to comment on this thread lol. I don't know about anyone else but my data connectivity issues have gotten way better the past few days. I went back to rooted stock froze mostly all the bloat and installed the extended battery. Gotta admit I'm pretty damn happy with this Bionic now and only getting happier the more I tweak it. For all those people talking Razr/Nexus, both phones are sweet for sure but if you look closely they both have hardware issues that can't be resolved. The Razr with the non removable battery is a huge fail imho. The Nexus, I read doesn't have an SD card (FAIL don't know if that's true though). The Bionic has both a removable battery and an SD slot not to mention it's the ONLY big screen smart phone that I'm able to view in direct sunlight (I've had A LOT of phones too). The Bionic has SO much going for it, dont't let a few growing pain bugs spoil it for you. I for one am really excited to get an OTA update and ICS installed. If ICS fixes the mediocre camera, this phone's a sure keeper that will compete with the top phones for awhile. One last thing, clock speed of processors doesn't mean as much as people think. Unless you take a big jump in speed it's irrelevant unless you benchmark. If you own one don't regret it, it's only gonna get better.

GoBears!

I was thinking about making a post asking this same thing. I did pretty much exactly what you did and I have also noticed the data issue has much improved. From 1-3x a day to 0-1. TBH I'm not even sure if it happens at all now cause I really only notice it with the Google Music app. Sometimes when I'm listening it'll just stop playing for no reason. But when I look, the 3g/arrows are blue...so...I dunno...

GoBears

Reaction score
When it does happen, it never drops when I'm using the phone only when coming from a dormant state i.e. using wifi for a while. I just need to figure out the occasional stutter while streaming pandora over BT in the car. Also anyone who hasn't installed the MIUI camera mod, try it, It's much better than the stock camera app.

GoBears!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. I thought the Galaxy Nexus had the special camera with no shutter lag. I didn't think it was an ICS feature - One can hope...

welsalex

Reaction score
I'm confused. I thought the Galaxy Nexus had the special camera with no shutter lag. I didn't think it was an ICS feature - One can hope...

I agree with this as far as I'm concerned the features of the camera described are only 4 the new nexus. But I do expect the camera app will be improved. Regardless there's always third party

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah, I agree with with clock speed here. I had my D1 rooted and overclocked to 1100 mhz and it wasn't nearly as fast as the bionic.

my d1 rooted and romd to 1.25 ghz wasn't as fast or as smooth as my stock dx... not even close to a bionic... I tried different speeds and kernels as well.... the processor just wasn't good enough

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
my d1 rooted and romd to 1.25 ghz wasn't as fast or as smooth as my stock dx... not even close to a bionic... I tried different speeds and kernels as well.... the processor just wasn't good enough

Well, it did only have 1/4 of the memory also

Boot Manager

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, it did only have 1/4 of the memory also

Boot Manager

hey pal..... yea the memory didn't Help... that's why it's hard to compare it to a dx let alone a bionic

OriginOfHysteria

Reaction score
I wonder if I call Verizon, if they'd let me exchange my phone since I had to upgrade due to the fact I had a broken phone (hardware issue)

Don't get me wrong, I love the phone, but I would actually ask just for kicks and giggles.

krakozhianjoe

Reaction score
Advice for data problems: If you are trying to save battery life and have gone into settings and changed the data push options, that my be your problem. Just set it to night saving only and you should be fine. Any settings that turn off data after a moment of inactivity will cause you issues. Yes your battery will drain faster but if you need data consistency, just let data be readily available. Hopefully that helps.

Menu - settings - Battery and Data Manager - Battery Mode (Nighttime saver), Data Saver (off).

xmguy

Reaction score
After having ALL the MANY MANY issues I'm having with my Bionic from software to hardware. I regret it too. Even Motorola knew it was a flop. They released the Bionic for contractual reasons. I'm even more pissed however Motorola and VZW is releasing the Razr, just 1 MONTH AFTER the Bionic. Talk about "out-dated" technology. I'm gonna be calling VZW when the Razr comes out, all I'm saying.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
After having ALL the MANY MANY issues I'm having with my Bionic from software to hardware. I regret it too. Even Motorola knew it was a flop. They released the Bionic for contractual reasons. I'm even more pissed however Motorola and VZW is releasing the Razr, just 1 MONTH AFTER the Bionic. Talk about "out-dated" technology. I'm gonna be calling VZW when the Razr comes out, all I'm saying.

I got many of those devices in after a week for repairs...it was so new though, the parts were hard to find....I had some REALLY po'd customers....they were cash pays....However...Don't feel bad...Outdated? Not at all...the Bionic is a badaxx machine...give it time..its more of a wave of devices going through...the Razor is however, being a Moto Device, with a bit of change in specs, easy to be pissed about, but hey..Next upgrade you'll have the champ! If that makes you feel any better? Your Phone will be and will always be, a decent flagship..just over anticipated,... and it was very sad how they market these devices with the "Rumors" and sneak peaks, and all...peace
Oh by the way...Notice the commercials..hardly see any functions..just a bunch of smoke and mirrors...lol

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Give it at least 2 weeks into Nov and see if you feel the same way :)

As for ICS and the camera, as I re-posted a post from motorola in another thread, the camera on all motorola phones is equal to if not greater than cameras on any other phone, it IS the software, motorola admitted that the camera wasn't their main concern. Now with that being said, ICS will be able to, from what I understand, utilize any motorola phones camera to its full potential. Now before all the bashing starts, I'm quoting motorolas site :) And seeing as Google bought MotoMobile, I don't see this as unplausable. I'm not saying the Nexus won't have a far supperior camera at all, just I think, based on going what I have heard and learned, ICS will drastically improve the overall camera for all motorola phones that are currently on or are expecting gingerbread.