I regret buying the bionic

3vilPickle

Reaction score
Yea I never have a problem with connection I listen to music all day while working and use only half life with blutooth and window animations. Loads fast . I had t he charge before. Very poor battery never found gps . Very happy with bionic Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Every new cell phone will have issues, including the connectivity issue, just like the Bionic. LTE is a new technology and we're the first testers.

+1

Seems like most bionic owners are retarded in the sense that they can't seem to wrap their lil minds around this simple concept.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

MrSHFTY

Reaction score
didnt read the replies and if its a repost DEAL WITH IT (jk, sorry). i went to verizon yesterday because my 3g/4g connection kept dropping. they told me that all bionic users are having the same problem and that its a software problem. supposedly an update is in the works to fix the problem and should be rolling out in 2-3 weeks.

looks like dual core chip is still not playing nice with 4g

welsalex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yiannis

Every new cell phone will have issues, including the connectivity issue, just like the Bionic. LTE is a new technology and we're the first testers.

+1

Seems like most bionic owners are retarded in the sense that they can't seem to wrap their lil minds around this simple concept.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Totally agree. EVERYONE CALM DOWN! Lets not get emotional.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
didnt read the replies and if its a repost DEAL WITH IT (jk, sorry). i went to verizon yesterday because my 3g/4g connection kept dropping. they told me that all bionic users are having the same problem and that its a software problem. supposedly an update is in the works to fix the problem and should be rolling out in 2-3 weeks.

looks like dual core chip is still not playing nice with 4g

all bionic users? I must be one in a million then because I haven't dropped 4g all day and its extremely reliable

OP
Z

zadam123

Reaction score
its not just droping from 4g to 3g but totally droping a data connection where i had very good signals with other phones, do you think this new update will fix this?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
its not just droping from 4g to 3g but totally droping a data connection where i had very good signals with other phones, do you think this new update will fix this?

I think a combination of them tweaking the towers, and the update will absolutely correct it. I'm starting to look at it like the Bionic was released before it's time. It has the functionality that the towers can't handle yet. But yesterday they added some 23+ cities to the 4G list, and I can only assume that they as they are doing this, they are adjusting whatever tweaking needs to be done in order to get the towers to play nicely with the the new patch we will be receiving. So, bottom line, yes.

Abadus

Reaction score

When 4G goes out it takes 3G with it if you are on LTE, if you switch to CDMA only your 3G will come back. That being said my wife and I just got a pair of Bionics. She came from a LG env touch and I came from the OG droid. The bionic does not do anything that my OG could couldn't do it just does it SOO much faster and smoother. The wife loves her phone and I too love mine. At work she is on WiFi all day and has great battery life. I do the 3G4G hokey pokey at work and it drains my battery a lot. Switching to 3G only while at works helps but I am trying other solutions. All in all I am impressed. Our 2 phones raced installing the app bump. We were in the car and I had them both go at once. The bionic almost instantly downloaded and installed it, my OG droid was only at 2% downloaded when her's was done. Also that same day I got a 33.6MBs download speed through speedtest.net.

socalsurfer

Reaction score
Me Too!

At first I thought it was a very good phone. Then after a couple of weeks I realized it started dropping data and voice connections. I had already purchased the lapdock, and the spare battery charger/cradle, so I exchanged it for a new one. This one is exactly the same, if not a little worse. Often I will realize after awhile I haven't received any pushed Exchange emails, and sure enough- no data connection. The phone freezes about once a week requiring a battery pull. It doesn't recognize 1X at all. So far the only reliable data connection I have is wireless networking. If I had it to do over I would have stuck with my trusty Dinc2; I may go back to it just because.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If Buddha owned a smartphone, he'd own a Bionic, so he might show the world the true meaning of patience. And he likes to stream his music from his PC with Zumocast.

M

MiDrOIdDOES

At first I thought it was a very good phone. Then after a couple of weeks I realized it started dropping data and voice connections. I had already purchased the lapdock, and the spare battery charger/cradle, so I exchanged it for a new one. This one is exactly the same, if not a little worse. Often I will realize after awhile I haven't received any pushed Exchange emails, and sure enough- no data connection. The phone freezes about once a week requiring a battery pull. It doesn't recognize 1X at all. So far the only reliable data connection I have is wireless networking. If I had it to do over I would have stuck with my trusty Dinc2; I may go back to it just because.

I'm right there with you but I love my droid bionic! Just don't love the data connectivity issue Haha.
I don't know if they released this phone too early or what but the data connectivity is a major issue and according to the forums and verizon it's affecting around 80 percent of the phones released.

Oh well just hoping that the november update fixes it. I really wanna keep this phone and I don't feel like getting into a fight with verizon over giving me a replacement for a defective phone

Al Neri

Reaction score
I have had the conectivity issues a few times and it is frustrating. If the update doesn't fix it what can we do? When it's working it is an awesome phone. I wonder if all the new 4g phones coming out (Nexus, Razr, Rezound) will have this same issue.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone, just wait a few weeks. There will be an update in the next 3 weeks that will fix this issue. For now, I guess we will have to toggle airplane mode or use the restart connections app. I'm not thrilled about the data drops either but I know things will get better. Just hang on and have hope:)

GoBears

Reaction score
I suddenly felt the need to comment on this thread lol. I don't know about anyone else but my data connectivity issues have gotten way better the past few days. I went back to rooted stock froze mostly all the bloat and installed the extended battery. Gotta admit I'm pretty damn happy with this Bionic now and only getting happier the more I tweak it. For all those people talking Razr/Nexus, both phones are sweet for sure but if you look closely they both have hardware issues that can't be resolved. The Razr with the non removable battery is a huge fail imho. The Nexus, I read doesn't have an SD card (FAIL don't know if that's true though). The Bionic has both a removable battery and an SD slot not to mention it's the ONLY big screen smart phone that I'm able to view in direct sunlight (I've had A LOT of phones too). The Bionic has SO much going for it, dont't let a few growing pain bugs spoil it for you. I for one am really excited to get an OTA update and ICS installed. If ICS fixes the mediocre camera, this phone's a sure keeper that will compete with the top phones for awhile. One last thing, clock speed of processors doesn't mean as much as people think. Unless you take a big jump in speed it's irrelevant unless you benchmark. If you own one don't regret it, it's only gonna get better.

GoBears!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah, I agree with with clock speed here. I had my D1 rooted and overclocked to 1100 mhz and it wasn't nearly as fast as the bionic.