I keep losting external speaker for media

Reaction score
This has now happened three times. Sound comes through the ear piece, through headphones, but not through the speaker (for MP3's, notifications etc.) The Speakerphone does work so it's not the speaker itself.

I can't figure out why it's going off or how to get it back on via software. The only solution has been to completely powerdown the phone, then about 2 hours later the problem comes back.

Any ideas ?

askjensen

Reaction score
Mine also. I had to powerdown then it came back. At first I was worried that the speaker blew or something. I couldn't find a mute or anything that I may have bumped.

AJ

OP
H
Reaction score
Well it's no help to find someone else with the same problem :)

I'm wondering if it's being caused by a particular app or perhaps by running two apps at the same time that use the speaker or something like that. Kind of guessing at this point.

tygerchylde

Reaction score
Been having the same issue. My headphone jack works at all times, but my external speaker keeps cutting off. Powerdown seems to be the only fix. Haven't done a check to see how long it takes to cut out, but I use my headphones more often than not, since I use my phone as an MP3 player at work. If enough of us post this, somebody will see it who has an idea about the problem (I hope).