Blown Speaker - Possibility to Replace?

Gerane

Reaction score
My ear Speaker has stopped working. It also hurts all volume because it appears the Droid X uses ear speaker and external for texts and notifications etc, so even these are at half volume.

The only way I can talk on the phone atm is through speakerphone. All my notifications are at half volume.

I am pretty tech savvy and am naturally good at repairs and troubleshooting. I was seeing if anyone knew of a place that sells the earpiece speakers. I have yet to see any for sell. Only have run across cases and screens etc. I am pretty confident that if I found a speaker I could replace it.

Has anyone done this or have any suggestions?

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Well, now im not sure whats going on. When I try to play a game, which uses my back speaker, I get no sound

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
If I go into sounds settings and text out the sound this is what i get.

Ringtone - plays from back speaker, but way lower volume than it should be, maybe 50% or less

Media - nothing

Alarm - Back speaker, and 50% or less volume.

Notification - Back Speaker, at about 50% or less volume.

Front Speaker gave no output from any of these. But what I dont understand, is normally media comes from my rear speaker.

jpalens1

Reaction score
My phone just did this. The phone thinks there is a headset plugged in when there really isn't. Try plugging a headset in and taking it out and see if that works. If not take the battery out for a few minutes and put it back in. If that doesn't work you will have to take it in to verizon

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

gsdreams

Reaction score
The Droid X hasn't been out for a year so it is still under warranty. Just make sure you flash back to factory before getting a replacement.