Blown Speaker - Possibility to Replace?

Gerane

Reaction score
My ear Speaker has stopped working. It also hurts all volume because it appears the Droid X uses ear speaker and external for texts and notifications etc, so even these are at half volume.

The only way I can talk on the phone atm is through speakerphone. All my notifications are at half volume.

I am pretty tech savvy and am naturally good at repairs and troubleshooting. I was seeing if anyone knew of a place that sells the earpiece speakers. I have yet to see any for sell. Only have run across cases and screens etc. I am pretty confident that if I found a speaker I could replace it.

Has anyone done this or have any suggestions?

Well, now im not sure whats going on. When I try to play a game, which uses my back speaker, I get no sound

If I go into sounds settings and text out the sound this is what i get.

Ringtone - plays from back speaker, but way lower volume than it should be, maybe 50% or less

Media - nothing

Alarm - Back speaker, and 50% or less volume.

Notification - Back Speaker, at about 50% or less volume.

Front Speaker gave no output from any of these. But what I dont understand, is normally media comes from my rear speaker.

My phone just did this. The phone thinks there is a headset plugged in when there really isn't. Try plugging a headset in and taking it out and see if that works. If not take the battery out for a few minutes and put it back in. If that doesn't work you will have to take it in to verizon

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

The Droid X hasn't been out for a year so it is still under warranty. Just make sure you flash back to factory before getting a replacement.

Back