External speaker sounds blown sometimes?

oo3

Reaction score
Sup guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has this issue. There will be times when I get a text, a call or just play music off Pandora/Doubletwist and it will just sound like the speaker is completely blown. Then after a while it would magically sound normal again. It just started happening a couple days ago and it seems random. I was thinking it may be something I downloaded, but I don't think that's the case. I even have tried changing my ringtone and notification tones and it still sounds blown, but again, things would go back to normal randomly.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

I called VZW and just told them my speaker was blown (when I thought it was) and I should be getting a brand new replacement tomorrow. I didn't really wanna call them back and say that it started working again.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If it was blown it would be blown and not sounding fine sometimes, do you have the volume turned all the way up? Could just be getting distorted, I remember a problem with the BB that a song stuck in the music player was making ringtones mess up, battery pull fixed it.

OP
oo3

oo3

Reaction score
Yes the volume is all the way up and would sound blown after turning it up at least halfway. I know that if it was really blown it would never go back to normal, but the sound itself just sounds like a blown speaker, all crackling or whatever. But yeah it's random which is weird.

I figured it was a software issue but just wanted to see if anyone else had that problem on the DX.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Do you have anything that might have gotten in the speaker, dust or something. Maybe a light blow of canned air.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I have seen many complaints on the speakers on the X's, myself mine seems more than fine for me. Course I don't rock out with my phone, but I play games and do speaker phone calls and stuff. The occasional song while getting ready for work and what not.

Arrpee

Reaction score
When playing music etc though external speakers make sure your media volume is at like 75% not 100%. That should fix the problem.