Rear Speaker blown?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So i just noticed after dropping some new songs into my phone that my rear speaker could possibly be blown? It's not the songs themselves, i've test them on many different devices including the Droid with headphones. The rear speakers has this "hissing" sound at all volumes.

I've had my Droid since launch day, is this still covered by warranty? Can't seem to find the box right now so not sure.

Please let me know, think i'm really going to start using my droid as an mp3 player with my original dying pretty fast now. If it is a blown speaker i'm hoping to replace it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your warranty lasts a full year, so don't worry about that. Do you have the same hissing when playing other sounds? Such as ringtones or speakerphone? Do you hear it when playing games that play their own music?

If its common to all of these things I would call it a loose connection. Call verizon and ask for a warranty replacement.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Your warranty lasts a full year, so don't worry about that. Do you have the same hissing when playing other sounds? Such as ringtones or speakerphone? Do you hear it when playing games that play their own music?

If its common to all of these things I would call it a loose connection. Call verizon and ask for a warranty replacement.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I hear it playing videos and games now that i pay more attention to it. Guess i'll have to go get it replaced...

and thanks for helping me out. I guess i'm a veteran at this forum, but even we learn some new things.

Last edited:
OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
guy at verizon wasn't too friendly and didn't claim to hear the crackling but i got a replacement anyway, well its' on the way...

verizon has background music playing of course he won't hear it.

thanks for all the help though and confirming my problem