New Droid Maxx Speaker Issues

Dustin103

Reaction score
I recently had my new Droid Maxx shipped to me and after one day the speaker started to sound like it had blown, all my notification sounds were distorted. I verified that it was a speaker issue by attempting to play music and it sounded the same on that and speakerphone didn't even put sound out at all. If I turned my phone off and back on and everything good was good for about an hour until it started up again. I called Verizon and had it replaced it under Manufacturer warranty and got a new one and everything was perfect for about a week. Today it just started doing all the same things again. I even kept the volumes slightly lower than max to try and prevent this from happening. I love this phone but 2 phones with the same issue in a row? Does anyone else have this phone or these issues? If I'm doing something wrong I'll change it, but it seems to me it is the phone that is faulty, not the user. Thanks in advance.

radjazz

Reaction score
I have this same problem on my phone. Am about to do a warranty replacement on it as well. It seems to me that it is a volume issue. The notification that it is searching after using touchless controls is way way way too loud and I have yet to find a volume control for it. Just my .02