Use Droid as an external speaker??

porsche996

Reaction score
OK... I realize what we have is a headphones jack, to send sound OUT from the phone. What I want to know is if there is a way to send sound INTO the phone, and have the external speaker of the phone be the speaker. In case that wasn't clear enough...I want an input jack that'll pass-through the sound to the Droid phone's speaker...essentially making the phone an external speaker.

The reason I ask is, my wife and I have a baby heart monitor, that has headphones jacks on it; I want the sound to play over a speaker, but I literally don't have any speakers sitting around! And I'm cheap, so I don't want to take the "easy" route and just buy a set of cheap ones. It'd be nice for both of us to hear the baby sounds instead of sharing headphones back and forth...

Plus, I'm just really curious if there is anything out there that can make the phone capable of this, for future reference.

Reaction score
Simple sweet answer : no!

Reason being is that the device is engineered as output only unless you open up the phone and hardwire a input jack to the mic (where to talk into the phone) and create the proper software as well to make it work.

Its more pain than anything else and would be cheaper to find speakers on clearance t your local pc store. I've seen simple speakers on sale for as little as $10.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Check out the app called "Mic to Speaker" on the market. Probably the closest you'll get to simple cheap results. If you still want the speaker, look for a store called "Five Below". They have speakers no more then $5. Best of luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums