Standard Dock doesn't use external speakers

Barry121

Reaction score
I bought the standard dock to use as a bedside alarm. The phone's built-in speaker isn't loud enough so I hooked up a pair of external speakers using the 3.5mm jack on the back of the dock. I pull up the music app and everything works great. Great sound, great volume. But when the alarm goes off, the sound is coming through the phones built-in speaker. Even if I set the alarm to play music. If I plug the speakers into the jack on the phone itself, everything works fine. But not if the speakers are plugged into the dock's jack.

Anyone else seen this? Is my dock bad? Is the default alarm app just too stupid to realize there are speakers connected?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I bought the standard dock to use as a bedside alarm. The phone's built-in speaker isn't loud enough so I hooked up a pair of external speakers using the 3.5mm jack on the back of the dock. I pull up the music app and everything works great. Great sound, great volume. But when the alarm goes off, the sound is coming through the phones built-in speaker. Even if I set the alarm to play music. If I plug the speakers into the jack on the phone itself, everything works fine. But not if the speakers are plugged into the dock's jack.

Anyone else seen this? Is my dock bad? Is the default alarm app just too stupid to realize there are speakers connected?

I know with the HD Dock, when you put your phone in it, it gives you a set of options, if this is the case with the standard dock, click "Skip or Quit Picker" then try selecting your alarm.

OP
B

Barry121

Reaction score
I know with the HD Dock, when you put your phone in it, it gives you a set of options, if this is the case with the standard dock, click "Skip or Quit Picker" then try selecting your alarm.

The Standard Dock gives the option of Bedside, Productivity or just your standard homescreen. I've tried the alarm in all three of these modes with the same result: when just playing music everything is piped out the external speakers. When the alarm goes off, the sound comes out the built-in speaker.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The Standard Dock gives the option of Bedside, Productivity or just your standard homescreen. I've tried the alarm in all three of these modes with the same result: when just playing music everything is piped out the external speakers. When the alarm goes off, the sound comes out the built-in speaker.

Try going to your home screen and then selecting a third party alarm app.