I just ordered an Incredible and I am v. nervous

Whiskas

Reaction score
I have been saving my upgrade for when Verizon gets the iPhone. I need an internet phone by June, when I am moving cross-country. I broke my phone on Monday and decided to use the upgrade to get an Incredible. I hope I don't regret not getting an iPhone. Assuage my fears and tell my why Droids are better.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Few if any folks here have Incredibles in their hands today. But from all the reviews, you should find that the Incredible is a worthy competitor to the iPhone. HTC has obviously spent a great deal of effort making it a more user-friendly consumer device than the Droid.

JCo352

Reaction score
Simply put, anything Android, is better than iPhone.

Reaction score
I used to have an iphone, and I can tell you 100% that android is a more capable platform. The way the apple app store is set up tries to make everything streamlined and idiot proof, but it really just made me feel like apple thinks they "know best" what I should be doing with my phone. Simple features that were in high demand, like copy and paste, local applications and mms, were delayed by years with apple officially stating they simply weren't necessary or were obsolete.

you should have no trouble seeing the value in android once you have it in your hands. Have fun!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
W

Whiskas

Reaction score
I guess what bothers me is the lack of apps. I've poked around and most of the apps I want (I am getting this phone for fun, not to run some imaginary office I don't have) aren't availble (This American Life, NYT, Hipstomatic, etc) for Droids. I get the issues surrounding flash and Apple in general, but it seems like iPhones are more fun.

Sayersj629

Reaction score
I personally would have gone droid over incredible because:
-Several reviews have mentioned fluctuating signal strength which is a problem I'm no longer willing to deal with (where I live must be between coverage zones and I've consistently dropped calls through 4 phone changes moto w385 -> treo 700 -> bb curve -> bb tour -> DROID does it better than the rest) All those phones dropped calls in and around my house but the droid holds the signal better than all of them.
-The Droid battery is more incredible than the Incredibles
-Physical qwerty is a big deal for me because I can't fathom typing a potential 3 paragraph work email on a touchscreen keyboard.
-Build Quality - I like metal phones

With all that said the Incredible will still be better than the iphone due to the complete awesomeness of android and the great android community.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
had an iphone 3gs. The iphone has more apps, especially big name apps. I got bored with my iphone after 10 mins. Because all you can do is play with apps. Android you can customize the device every day. Whether you are rooted or not the things you can do with this phone is amazing.
When I first bought the droid I was disappointed by the lack of apps. Now the app market has been picking up. With the iphone apps are the beginning and end. the droid apps add widgets that do something with your phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess what bothers me is the lack of apps. I've poked around and most of the apps I want (I am getting this phone for fun, not to run some imaginary office I don't have) aren't availble (This American Life, NYT, Hipstomatic, etc) for Droids. I get the issues surrounding flash and Apple in general, but it seems like iPhones are more fun.

If that bothered you then why didn't you buy an iPhone? Perhaps you didn't want AT&T? I don't get it, what are you looking to get out of this thread?

Sayersj629

Reaction score

The apps are only getting better and the android community is growing like crazy. Plus the openness of the android system just feels better to a lot of people because you aren't supporting the kind of close mindedness that apple forces on its users.

iamjoe

Reaction score
don't be nervous. Get on the fast track. Android is the 'way of the future' You won;t be sorry. I was lpaying with my wifes iphone a few weeks ago. I was less then impressed as compared to my DROID,

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Then it sounds like you should get an iPhone. Bear in mind that while the iPhone is wonderful, it's built like Fort Knox to keep it that way. If you're looking to customize then the Android (with the new Incredible) would be the way to go. Although check out Consumers Reports last January. Again, AT&T is at the bottom of the list of carriers. So it's not as simple as Android vs Apple, it's also Verizon vs AT&T.

Last edited:

Darkseider

Reaction score

NYT: I am assuming New York Times - News Droid
Hipstomatic: ehhh... Pic Say?
This American Life: Podcast

Not to mention when Flash hits you will be awe struck. Ditto for Adobe AIR on Android.