I found a better way to text!!!

Grin20

Reaction score
OK, so I had been using Handcent, chomp, blah blah blah, and never really happy with texting, and don't even get me started on the stock text. I went from the droid, to dx, to thunderbolt, to charge, and no luck. I got what seems to be a new app called say what?! I use the widget all the time and I actually look forward to texting a billion times a day. Has anyone else used this or did I find a hidden gem?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
never heard of it, but i'll definitely check it out

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
seems like the app just translate "text speak".

fortunately I don't have anyone that I text, text like that. Nice tool, but only for a certain crowd from what I briefly skimmed over.

kookk

Reaction score
Am I the only person who doesn't see the problem with any of the stock messaging apps?

Sent from my cyanobolt

OP
G

Grin20

Reaction score
I agree dezy, but for those of us who can't understand half of what is texted to us, this is good, plus I like speaking in pirate, or pig latin, or redneck, whatever the mood calls for :)
Kookk, I have been complaining about the stupid stock messaging apps since I got my first Droid. Don't these big companies get it? People text and they like to do it alot, which means HAVE A GOOD STOCK APP!

kookk

Reaction score
But what is wrong with the stock app? That's what I don't understand because I text all day and never really noticed a problem

Sent from my cyanobolt

OP
G

Grin20

Reaction score
I guess my biggest issues are the keyboard layout, speed, very little options, and design. It just seems very corporate and after texting for a while, incredibly boring. I could be wrong and maybe there should be a poll on this one, but I guess that's why I like "say what" so much, it is anything but boring.

Last edited:
OP
G

Grin20

Reaction score
I guess my biggest issues are the keyboard layout, speed, very little options, and design. It just seems very corporate and after texting for a while, incredibly boring. I could be wrong and maybe there should be a poll on this one, but I guess that's why I like "say what" so much, it is anything but boring.
Does anyone know how to put a poll on this thread after its been published?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
But what is wrong with the stock app? That's what I don't understand because I text all day and never really noticed a problem

Sent from my cyanobolt

Personal preference.

Some feel the stock app doesn't let you customize it enough. I personally only used the stock messaging app for the first week then grabbed Handcent (or whenever that came out). 3rd party apps are able to change to more of the preference of the user than the stock app, though there is nothing wrong at all with the stock app.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Am I the only person who doesn't see the problem with any of the stock messaging apps?

Sent from my cyanobolt

I'm with you. Stock all the way.

Just personal preference. Just like the people who root so they can make their interface look like a drunk raver threw up on it. ;)

kookk

Reaction score
Maybe the reason I like stock so much is because I like the simplicity or "boringness"

Everything on my phone is like that, homescreen is blank, everything else is very organized and simple

Sent from my cyanobolt

OP
G

Grin20

Reaction score
I'm with you. Stock all the way.

Just personal preference. Just like the people who root so they can make their interface look like a drunk raver threw up on it. ;)
haha, thank you for that visual

jawgapeach

Reaction score
Im very careful with anything but the stock app because I was sending messages to the wrong people. That was not a good thing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I definitely like the stock text application because no matter which 3rd party app I have tried it never looks quite like it belongs.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Whitechapel

Reaction score
I'm a minimalist myself but I love Chomp. It's plain enough and simple enough for me, I haven't used the stock app since I found Chomp.