Incoming Texts come once a day?!?

omgitsdorito

Reaction score
I just bought a Droid 2 Global a week ago (12/26). In the past week on two separate occasions my phone stopped receiving texts for 12-15 hours at a time. Last night it stopped getting texts at 9:30 ish. All day today I received emails and fb notifications but still no text messages. Then at 5:55 pm I received 15 messages all at one.

I went to the verizon store to try and swap the phone since I literally bought it a week ago and this has already happened twice. The manager at the store said since his test messages in the store went through they cant duplicate the problem and replace the phone. They tried to pass of a bunch of answers including all 15 messages must have been sent at 5:55pm, no service at the time, network outages, phone wasn't activated... blah blah blah.

Some of the messages that were delayed were sent from another line on my account. I tried to show them the sent times on that line, but they said they cant use that as proof.

I am totally stumped about what to do and not to mention pissed that its only been a week and its already acting up.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

Reaction score
This happened to my phone I couldn't recieve text unless I turned off my phone then turned it on and I would get about 5 text from different friends at the same time. Also my wifi wouldn't work even though it said it was connected. I suggest you call verizon technical support like I did to have them send you a replacement.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

kingwaffle

Reaction score
Did you switch providers when you received the phone? It can take a bit for the network to "catch up".

The only other thing I can think of that happened to me was the "New Years Rush". I was texting fine and dandy up until midnight on 12/31, and then I didn't receive a text all day on the 1st...so I rebooted my phone and received 20 all at once.

OP
O

omgitsdorito

Reaction score
No, I've had verizon for a few years now. I got rid of my blackberry for my droid. I love everything about the phone minus this whole texting dilemma. The store tried to say its the towers near my house/job but never had a problem there before until this week.

I got text messages on New Years, and New Years Day no problem, so it cant be that.

I just hope I'm not stuck with a busted phone for a year.