Receiving texts multiple times?

mjwassmer

Reaction score
Is anyone else having this problem? It's not that I have two different text programs working--I disabled notifications from the stock app and just use Handcent. But sometimes I'll receive the same text message 2, 3, or 4 times. Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having this problem? It's not that I have two different text programs working--I disabled notifications from the stock app and just use Handcent. But sometimes I'll receive the same text message 2, 3, or 4 times. Any ideas?

I don't know if this is still an issue but if you're receiving the text from someone who is using Google Voice in landscape that was causing multiple text to go out. That's the only thing I know of that does that.

strobez395

Reaction score
I've been having this problem too but my texts have also been sending multiple times...it seems to happen more often with verizon to verizon texts

Jer

Reaction score
I wish Handcent would add an option to auto delete repeat text messages. I have a few friends that I receive SMS in triplicate from almost half the time so it's frustrating.

sportadic22

Reaction score
i wanna say this is not completely the phone (droid) problem... i think its a verizon network problem.
Over my last 3 phones... 2 being normal phones and now the droid. on some occasions i will get messages from my friends saying dude why the hell are you sending me the same text like 3 times. i reply dude not me lol. yell at network or something. and these friends have been from both verizon and non verizon networks.
I have also had the same thing happen to me but rarely. where i get multi texts from friends.

Mars

Reaction score
you can count me in on that..i thought it was a handcent problem but from the sound of it maybe not. its annoying

TheBobarazzi

Reaction score
I don't have Handsent and this has happened to me a couple times (received multiples) they only happened from my sister (verizon (family plan)) and from my girlfriend (still on Alltel, I think, could be Verizon)...other than that, there is no rhyme or reason to it, that I can tell... happened only a handful of times, out of the many times we text each other.

OP
M

mjwassmer

Reaction score
It happens to me more than that. I'd say 50 percent of the time.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have had that isue but found out it wasnt my phone, my bro has an iphone and it was his iphone sending duplicate texts.

nyijedi

Reaction score
For the record, I used to use handcent and I got double texts probably about 75% of the time. With the stock app, I get double texts maybe 5% of the time. So while it also occasionally happens in the stock app, it has always been MUCH WORSE for me in handcent.

antyoo

Reaction score
i was getting double and triple texts the day i purchased my droid(dec 31st). i was getting flooded with happy new years texts.:)

i reset the phone and it stopped. since then i have had one instance of double text. i also switched to handcent somewhere around the 1st or 2nd

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
i wanna say this is not completely the phone (droid) problem... i think its a verizon network problem.
Over my last 3 phones... 2 being normal phones and now the droid. on some occasions i will get messages from my friends saying dude why the hell are you sending me the same text like 3 times. i reply dude not me lol. yell at network or something. and these friends have been from both verizon and non verizon networks.
I have also had the same thing happen to me but rarely. where i get multi texts from friends.

I've only experienced this problem with one person, I don't recall their carrier, some obscure company in AL. I've not had this issue with any of the main stream carriers.

sportadic22

Reaction score
whooo wants to call verizon haha.. and either complain... or find a reason for it.. or find a solution ha