I feel stupid, my DroidX is wiped, NO OS.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am happy to say that after spending a lot of time fooling around, trial and error, the phone is finally in working order.

After all of the troubleshooting and attempts at reflashing, the problem was what I had suspected near the end: a hardware issue with the front keypad. I went out and bought a Torx T5 screw driver (a good one) and stripped the phone down. I could see where the water had run through the phone. I cleaned all of that up, but no luck on restoring it to working order. I finally started disconnecting components and cables. I disconnected the thin ribbon cable that runs to the front buttons and found some debris burned onto some of the connectors. The connector itself had some dark spots. It looks as if some water may have made its way into there and the impurities caused the coating on two of the pins. I gently cleaned the pins with isopropyl and a small flat-head screw driver, hooked it back up, and powered on. After about 20 seconds, it went passed the M logo and started the Droid animation. A minute later and it was fully booted!

I have to say, I learned a lot about Android phones this week :) I appreciate all of the help and suggestions that you guys gave me. I hope that all of this information will help someone else out there who has issues with their phone.

- zebr4 - :blackdroid:
Awesome work and perseverance...and thats why Droid Does!:)

Agreed! ;)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I had issues with that rsd program. make sure it is version 8 and you hold shift + run as admin.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

darkreve

Reaction score
interesting that the originator of this tread stop replying and never heard what ever happen to him..

I am on the same boat.. I was trying to go with the rubix rom and end up bricking my phone.

not sure what happen or where I went wrong with this.

I would love to know step-by-step info on how to go back to my original phone and then how to root it and go on into rubix again.. but step by step..

when I tried to run the .sbf thing.. it never worked.. not sure what people talk about.. yes I am new at this but geesh can somebody make it more simple please
thanks alot peeps..

BoJatey

Reaction score
interesting that the originator of this tread stop replying and never heard what ever happen to him..

I am on the same boat.. I was trying to go with the rubix rom and end up bricking my phone.

not sure what happen or where I went wrong with this.

I would love to know step-by-step info on how to go back to my original phone and then how to root it and go on into rubix again.. but step by step..

when I tried to run the .sbf thing.. it never worked.. not sure what people talk about.. yes I am new at this but geesh can somebody make it more simple please
thanks alot peeps..

He probably got his new one so no reason to fix anymore.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Old_Droid

Reaction score
OK...yes I'm a noob and yes I have rooted my phone before even had liquid ICS ver.2 running great. But I too have cleared data/cache before rebooting it trying to install what must of been a bad sbf :( I have read this entire thread and have tried everyone's (yes everyone's) advice, except for downgrading my rsd lite 4.9 to the 4.8 version.I have tried installing VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01 from sd card in stock recovery, (I seem to have lost twrp's ??? recovery.) I had even tried a Linux program (the one that says Boot Baby Boot) to flash something to my phone but no luck.
Am I doing something wrong here or am I missing a step? RSD lite 4.9 does NOT even recognize my phone. I thought for sure after reading this and several other threads I'd have it up and working by now, however it just hangs at the M-logo when doing anything. Thanks for a great thread and any help you guys can offer me. It's late here and I'm calling it quits for the night.

Old_Droid

Reaction score
Ok... I figured out the problem I was having when I do get into bootloader it says low battery can not program. I put it on a wall charger and it boots up to the M-logo stayed there over night...no lights on. If I use the stock usb cable I get a green light for a few minutes the it seems to try booting only to the M-logo again light goes off.
Is there a way I can get the thing to charge?