I feel stupid, my DroidX is wiped, NO OS.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
You should really read p3droid's post from the link i threw up. Then maybe you'll understand.

Carriers CAN find out that you're rooted, and log your phone's MEID.

OS's dont just disappear from a phone.

All these manufacturers locking down the bootloader, making it harder to root, etc, are because of people voiding the warranty by rooting and then soft bricking, who then try to ABUSE the system and try to make a warranty claim like you said you're going to do.

OP
B

blakebritton

Reaction score
I did read that post. I knew about this before when p3 posted about it. Dude, I'm not dumb. I never even made a warranty claim for it (technically). I actually took the phone to a verizon store and they couldn't even get it to reprogram. They were the ones that decided to send me another one.

pool_shark

Reaction score
You should really read p3droid's post from the link i threw up. Then maybe you'll understand.

Carriers CAN find out that you're rooted, and log your phone's MEID.

OS's dont just disappear from a phone.

All these manufacturers locking down the bootloader, making it harder to root, etc, are because of people voiding the warranty by rooting and then soft bricking, who then try to ABUSE the system and try to make a warranty claim like you said you're going to do.

But that's my point. If the modifications void the warranty, and they can tell when they receive it that it was messed up by the user, why bother making modifications difficult? Just make them pay for the replacements.
That will be enough to deter a large number of people from making modifications.

OP
B

blakebritton

Reaction score
All that discussion aside, and to the original topic... do you guys know of a way to get the OS back onto the phone?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
-.- i guess the most obvious question is, can you go into clockwork recovery and do a restore?

OP
B

blakebritton

Reaction score
If there's a specific button combination to get into it, then let me know, otherwise, I can only get into stock recovery.

Reaction score
Has anyone looked for a signed full update file. You should be able to flash that through the stock recovery if its signed right.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums

johnny9374

Reaction score
this may sound stupid but if its not seeing your phone try putting the sbf file in your documents folder and try that i dunno why but when i sbf the only way it will see the file is if its there good luck

michael_porter

Reaction score
Okay, I just did the same frickin' thing to my X. Any ideas how to fix this? I have no plans whatsoever to make a claim, so any help would be appreciated.

Basically, I also wiped before rebooting and am now stuck because rsd wants to think my phone is a USB drive and refuses to recognize the phone. I've sbf'd before and didn't have a problem.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Try taking out the battery, putting it back in, and then plugging your phone into a wall charger. Then boot up. That has always got me into CWR

Snow02

Reaction score
You just need to factory reset. Turn it on by holding home + power. When the triangle comes up, let go and then press both volume buttons. Choose factory reset. Then choose reboot.

Navigate with the volume buttons, select with the power button.

michael_porter

Reaction score
Still no love. I've tried each version of rsd lite on two different machines...nothing. I can't get it to boot into revovery either; it just goes to the boot loader.

Any other thoughts?

barski

Reaction score
I had that to where i couldn't get into recovery, so your down to the sbf flash or you are going to have yourself a brick.

Okay, take a deep breath. I'm sure you want to shoot your phone.

1. Uninstall RSD, all versions of it. REBOOT COMPUTER
2. Download the correct drivers for your computer
32 bit drivers
or
64 bit drivers
not both
3. Install the drivers as an administrator, right click then run as admin
4. REBOOT COMPUTER
5. Download and install RSD 4.9
6. Reboot computer
7. Plug in phone start RSD (as admin), mount sbf.

This is what i went by
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html

Make sure you do the reboots, and let the computer fully boot up before open RSD.

michael_porter

Reaction score
Yup. Here is what is says, just like when I flashed sbf from leaked Froyo:

Bootloader
Err:A5, 70,70,00,1f

NEW_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I'll see if there are anymore suggestions, then will try barski's suggestion. Thank you so much, guys, for helping someone trying to learn!