I feel stupid, my DroidX is wiped, NO OS.

Snow02

Reaction score
Make sure you're running rsdlite as administrator.
If you already are, yeah, follow the directions above.

michael_porter

Reaction score
How do I run as admin on Windows 7? I didn't run as admin before so I'm not sure how to do it. I am the administrator on the machine I'm using, so it should default to administrator, correct?

NM, just not used to thinking in that language.

Last edited:

barski

Reaction score
How do I run as admin on Windows 7? I didn't run as admin before so I'm not sure how to do it. I am the administrator on the machine I'm using, so it should default to administrator, correct?

NM, just not used to thinking in that language.

lol, no problem. Just right click on the icon and click run as administrator. You'll get it to work.

Actually, your user is probably part of the administrators group, therefore not the true administrator user. I believe the administrator user is disabled by default on windows 7, and you shouldn't log in as the user administrator unless your a true IT guy, or know what you have to do. Sorry for the confusion, my IT life is kicking in...lol

I guess i was a little late, let us know if it works.

Last edited:

michael_porter

Reaction score
One last question. Once I re-root and get the bootstrapper reinstalled, I want to go back to Liberty 1.5. I did a backup in Clockwork before I flashed the GB leak. Do I need to be running Liberty again before I flash that last backup, or can I go directly to the backup w/out flashing Liberty first?

michael_porter

Reaction score
Actually figured it out on my own. :) Now back on Liberty and my last back up. And no need to make an insurance claim. ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

izzo540

Reaction score
The initial error you had is from a bad SBF, you SBF'd to a version that your bootloader didn't support. Prob .320 or before I think those had a different bootloader.. To the best of my knowledge thats the error code you were getting, incase you were curious. Great to hear you got your phone fixed though man!

zebr4

Reaction score
You just need to factory reset. Turn it on by holding home + power. When the triangle comes up, let go and then press both volume buttons. Choose factory reset. Then choose reboot.

Navigate with the volume buttons, select with the power button.

Snow02 - is this a CWR-specifc sequence? I tried this, but didn't get the same results.

I have essentially the same issue as the two other guys here. I'm only getting the M logo and can go no further. I am also able to get into the stock recovery menu via cam + vol down + power. Once differece: I am using bootloader 30.03. Everything seems to work well with RSD Lite: it even "completes" the flashing process. I believe I may be using the wrong SBF file, though... VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf. Thoughts? I have not been able to find the earlier SBF file.

Snow02

Reaction score
Cam + vol down + power is the bootloader. Home + power is stock recovery. Neither of which has anything to do with clockwork recovery.

If you cannot get into stock recovery, you will have to sbf.

But since you've flashed the wrong sbf, you need to now flash the right one and start over. You need the 2.3.340.

zebr4

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, Snow02. Now that I know which file I need, I will take a look around for the SBF. I have a feeling that it will not be terribly easy to find, as I have been looking for SBF files for a few days and only found the one I previously mentioned. If anyone knows where I can find it, please PM me. Thanks! :)

zebr4

Reaction score
Thank you for your help!

I was able to get the file. Flashing the phone seems to have went smoothly. I am still stuck at the M logo. This phone was water damaged, so perhaps the issue is hardware related. I will let it sit for a while and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll try again. If nothing else, I have learned quite a bit about this process :blackdroid:

Thanks again for your help, Snow02.