I am a bicycle guy - anyone wanna trade knowledge

rambling

Reaction score
hello, I just registered and popped a question thread up on the droid2 forums about my photos showing in preview but not full size.
Name is Jon, bought a droid2 online and swapped my verizon service over, I have been mostly happy so far. I have been deep in the bicycle industry for a long time, nearly 20 years. I'd take the opportunity to reciprocate with knowledge if anyone has a bike related question.

I guess I'll list my gripes, some of them might have quick and easy fixes that you guys will know about already or maybe link me to an existing thread....if not, I'll slowly look around and start threads one by one to ask for help.

Startup noise - mine is the r2d2 phone, and makes a bunch of r2d2 noises upon startup, even when in quiet mode. is there a way to stop that?

GPS is finicky - I was having loads of problems with navigation and foursquare app, read about some fixes, and ended up getting GPS Status app, which makes it easy for me to reset the phone's A-GPS XTRA data. This seems to fix it every time and the phone sees and fixes on 8-14 sats within a few seconds. I have to do this at least once a week for things to run smoothly.

Lastly, I have been unable to select different tones for different types of alerts i.e. it's the same notification for texts, emails, and social network status updates. Also, if I have is set to vibrate, it will vibrate for the fist alert (say an email) but then won't vibrate with successive incoming txt messages or emails.....

Overall I am pleased with the phone and hope to learn much more about it here. Thanks and see you around.

jp

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I believe that start up sound is controlled by the boot animation which can be changed.

I'm not familiar with foursquare so I do not know if or how that may be impacting your GPS. Have you looked in the D2 and app sections?

Each app has the ability to change to notification ringtone and vibrate. Open the app, tap the menu, tap settings, tap notifications, tap vibration and select ringtone.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike