Have a Charge - Should I trade to a TB?

foxdroid

Reaction score
I've been happy with my Charge except it has lines going down the screen when I turn it on or when the screen wakes up. This is the third unit I have gotten like this. I have been thinking about going with the Thunderbolt because of this. Does anyone's TB have screen glitches?

My only concern is the GPS problem I read about. I use Google Maps a *LOT*. The Charge hasn't failed me yet and locks on instantly. I read there were updates to this, but then read a few threads where people still have issues, have to take out their battery, etc.

As for battery life - unless I am surfing or need the internet, my wifi is off on my Charge, as well as 4G and GPS. I don't need widgets to update themselves, if I'm not looking at the phone, why do I need it to update ;) Meaning, until I want something from the internet, my phone is just a phone to me. Would I pretty much get good battery life with the Tbolt? I would get an extended battery.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
With the new update my tb has perfect gps. And battery life isn't great. If you get a extended battery it should be fine

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
I have never had a screen or GPS issue. I use my GPS pretty often and it has never failed me and always locks on quickly. I don't have widgets updating on their own. With little use I get a little over 12 hrs on stock battery. With moderate to heavy use obviously it goes down.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

jmd

Reaction score
I have a tb, my dad has the charge. Mine, is much more responsive, and much faster than the charge. But the biggest problem I notice with the charge is the reception, his signal absolutely sucks. I can be 4g and 3-4 bars and he is sitting next to me running 1x with 2-3 bars. When 4g went live here I had 4g, 1 hour before his charge did.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
F

foxdroid

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am looking into the extended batteries just in case - I see the Seido 3200 one, is that the largest? I googled but that's all I really saw. Personally I don't care if the phone is huge lol...

I hope Verizon takes care of this once and for all, I really just want a phone that doesn't have screen defects. The lines weren't present on my first Charge and I used it *heavily* plugged in for the 14 days before I noticed it had dead pixels. Then three phones later - all of them have bars/lines lol when I turn them on, just on the left half of the screen. Not cool.

As for rooting the Charge I thought about it but it seemed it caused more problems than stock for some people, at least Gingerbread (which, stock for me is fine). But seems rooting the TB will be awesome.

kparks

Reaction score
I've been happy with my Charge except it has lines going down the screen when I turn it on or when the screen wakes up. This is the third unit I have gotten like this. I have been thinking about going with the Thunderbolt because of this. Does anyone's TB have screen glitches?

My only concern is the GPS problem I read about. I use Google Maps a *LOT*. The Charge hasn't failed me yet and locks on instantly. I read there were updates to this, but then read a few threads where people still have issues, have to take out their battery, etc.

As for battery life - unless I am surfing or need the internet, my wifi is off on my Charge, as well as 4G and GPS. I don't need widgets to update themselves, if I'm not looking at the phone, why do I need it to update ;) Meaning, until I want something from the internet, my phone is just a phone to me. Would I pretty much get good battery life with the Tbolt? I would get an extended battery.

Gps locks in seconds now after update you would have to try the battery out and see how it works for u

kparks

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am looking into the extended batteries just in case - I see the Seido 3200 one, is that the largest? I googled but that's all I really saw. Personally I don't care if the phone is huge lol...

I hope Verizon takes care of this once and for all, I really just want a phone that doesn't have screen defects. The lines weren't present on my first Charge and I used it *heavily* plugged in for the 14 days before I noticed it had dead pixels. Then three phones later - all of them have bars/lines lol when I turn them on, just on the left half of the screen. Not cool.

As for rooting the Charge I thought about it but it seemed it caused more problems than stock for some people, at least Gingerbread (which, stock for me is fine). But seems rooting the TB will be awesome.

If ur in the market for a extended battery get the HTC extended but if u get the phone and white Verizon a nice email about the battery life u can prolly get it for free or atleast half off they sent me a free one..