Free Thunderbolt...should i take???

titanville05

Reaction score
My situation is this. I am ready for a new phone. I currently have the og droid and was offered a new thunderbolt with a contract upgrade this morning on the phone by vz rep. I do not have an office job and am not exactly able to charge my phone during the day. I typically will get to 40% or 30% battery life on my droid after the day of use. The TB is obviously amazing, its being offered for free, but the battery life is an issue for me. I would love some suggestions from everyone. I am a new member for droid forums by the way but i have been visiting for about 9 months. Thanks.
dancedroid

cpjr

Reaction score
The battery wont last as long as your old D1....so either dont get it or get an extended battery for it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The battery wont last as long as your old D1....so either dont get it or get an extended battery for it.
Concur. If you can't charge during the day get an extended battery.

OP
T

titanville05

Reaction score
Oh and the guy is supposed to call me today at 1 central time after I can play with one at a store.
Thanks for the quick replies already.

hobby31

Reaction score
You'll love the thunderbolt. I came from the DX and have had the incredible and original droid. The battery.....not good. I got the extended one from verizon. I think it's the 2700 mA. Comes with a different back for the phone and it does stick out about 3/16 of an inch but the difference in battery life for me is amazing. I was down to 20-30% in the evenings with the original one. I haven't dropped below 60% since I've had the extended. I went jogging with the gps on, runkeeper app running, and streaming a radio station through 3g, all for 40 minutes and only dropped 5% in battery. I don't get 4g where I live so I don't know how well it does with the 4g service. Anyway, if you get the phone definately get the battery at the same time and save youself the trouble.