Huges issues with JR 5.0.9 and custom launcher pro.

alonsou

Reaction score
Hey folks I really need some suggestions here, I'm kind of running out of options :icon_eek:

Earlier today I installed JR 5.0.9 and needless to say like always, all of JRummy roms are great!, well this wasn't the exception. But I wanted it to try the custom launcher pro that Mike919 posted earlier.

I will say that I have some quite experience installing roms, but this is really driving me crazy.

As soon as I finished the installation of the custom launcher I started noticing some kind of lag on my phone something very unusual for a JR rom. So I decided to connect my phone with the USB cable to the computer to get a different launcher, here's where I totally freaked out my pc will not recognize my phone!! I did try using a different cable, a different computer and still no luck, I know is not the actual USb port since my wife's Incredible connects to the pc with no issues at all.

Just to make everything worst, I can't install anything out of the market. It will download it but it will get stuck on the installing. I can't get rom manager to run a back up, neither titanium b'up. Restore Apps won't work either....

I had installed different roms (JR 4.0.7,BB4,SS4.2,4.1) and I get the same results with every single one, even doing data and cache wipes between installations.

So what's next? How can I regain access to the USB connectivity? Any ideas on the market issue?

Needless to say but for now on, I will stay away from those custom launchers.

Will I need to reset to factory settings and start all over the rooting process again? I hope not...!!

I will highly appreciated any help you can provide.

Thanks

JCo352

Reaction score
How about restoring a backup? That's what those are for.

clairecakes

Reaction score
The issue started after the Launcher Pro install? Have you tried uninstalling it? What about repairing permissions?

And if all else fails there's always loading a backup rom.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting into recovery mode and going into nandroid and reinstalling a backup? Or just flash another rom using clockwork

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
Okay folks, so far I had reinstalled 2 nandroid backups, one as far as 6-30-10 and the issues seem to persist, market apps hanging on the "installing" for hours and nothing its done. I just tried to connect my phone thru USB to a buddy's pc and it will not recognize my phone either. I had delete the Launcher pro data file (update.zip format) out of the SD card and guess what.... nothing, the same issues persist.

What should I do now?

So far I've done all the following:

1) Delete the file out of the SD card
2) Install several different roms all with wipe data in between
3) Perfomed 2 nandroid back ups
4) Repaired permissions

What else can I do?

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
So it seems like everything I've done so far made everything just worst.

I rebooted my phone and tried to load CWM to perform another nandroid b'up and my phones it's been on the white Moto logo for well over 5 minutes, do I'm now a proud owner of a bricked phone...?? However bootloader does work.

Is there anything I can do from bootloader?

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
CWM is not working for me, I'll try to flash SPR and come back to CWM one more time.

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
Uufff!! I'm glad to post this, the whole issue has been resolved, it was a corrupted SD card. Once I formatted, everything started to work flawless again, good thing that I made a copy of my card just before this whole issue happened. Once again... Droid does..!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::clap::yeahbaby01: