HTC Thunderbolt vs. Droid X

indee2025

Reaction score
I had the original Droid and I rooted it and loved it....sad to have seen it go but the hardware was just getting out-dated and I wanted to do more with my device...

I got the Droid X and I rooted it and loved it until my device had touchscreen errors, this apparently isn't the case with all DX devices but the DX is a sexy fast device with a beautiful screen and I loved watching movies and shows on it...but I wanted a new device without touchscreen errors and I liked the HTC Evo....

So I walked into the Verizon store and paid my $609 (after taxes) for the HTC Thunderbolt and man this device is just FAST. You say you don't care about 3G v.s. 4G but when you do web browsing and try to pull up a chili's nutrition info PDF you downloaded from a website and it takes forever you'll be glad the thunderbolt did it in nearly an instant....

The only thing I am not completely satisfied about the thunderbolt is when watching movies, the screen looks like movie theater quality but scaled down on the thunderbolt but on the DX it looked like a flat screen on display at best buy, I prefer the flat panel quality...

If you get the DX you will find out within about 6 months that you can't use certain features others are abusing and you will regret it...I use the front facing camera on the thunderbolt for video calling on yahoo messenger and it's great!dancedroid

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
the TB battery life is decent after root. im running a drodspeed kernel at 1.8ghz and i have 50% left after all day of moderate to heavy usage. i definitely recommend the TB. and its worth it to me to have 4g my buddy ran a speed test and got 1.5mbps down and .7 up i got 23mbps down and 7up.

TJF2011

Reaction score
the TB battery life is decent after root. im running a drodspeed kernel at 1.8ghz and i have 50% left after all day of moderate to heavy usage. i definitely recommend the TB. and its worth it to me to have 4g my buddy ran a speed test and got 1.5mbps down and .7 up i got 23mbps down and 7up.

How did you root it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I have the DX and I am going to buy a used TB from Craigslist tomorrow. I am meeting the seller at the VZW store to make sure that the ESN# is good. I have the DX rooted on GB rom and I get a little over 18+ hours on my extended battery. I am hoping to get the TB and root it and see how everything works after that.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

How did you root it?

i did it manually following the guide in the Thunderbolt hack section heres a http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...ooting-tbolt-through-adb-step-step-video.html

only took me about 15 min.

Cornmastah

Reaction score
ib heard their gonna grandfather us in sincev we had the hotspot for free at first? thats what iv heard from people

TJF2011

Reaction score
ib heard their gonna grandfather us in sincev we had the hotspot for free at first? thats what iv heard from people

I just got off the phone with VZW .. after may 15 everyone has to pay

Cornmastah

Reaction score
Thats freakin retarted why did they give it to us for free in the first place then?

TJF2011

Reaction score
Well another VZW rep said as long as we purchased the phone before may 15 it would stay free as long as that phone remained active on that line... Who knows who is right.. im gonna try it out and see if they bill me

Cornmastah

Reaction score
Well its the past the 15th and I still have it haha

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
The x is the worst phone available. Slow, unresponsive and ugly. Def stay away from it. TB all the way.

Sent from my Ultimate 2.3.3 Incredible

What an ignorant comment.

I normally don't condone name calling but that is a "Thoughtless" comment. Aside from the D1, the DX is probably the most Used Device on most of the Forums and the one Device that Most devs develop roms and hacks for. I understand if One has had bad luck with a device but the "expression" "in my opinion" should have been part of that comment. The way that statement was written, is read as if a "FACT" is being stated. Clearly, it's not a fact. I personally have the DX and it's been SUPERB for me. Extremly fast, great Screen, many rom , apps and hack options for it. Although I Don't care for the design (the bump), in General, It's a fabulous Device (In my Honest opinion):)

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
.....Aside from the D1, the DX is probably the most Used Device on most of the Forums and the one Device that Most devs develop roms and hacks for......

Errrrnnnnt. This forum might give you that impression since most are on Verizon here but 2 year old HTC phones have more dev support then DX. Actually I can only think of a few phones (almost all Moto's) that have less.