HTC Thunderbolt Spec Descrepencies

ionide

Reaction score
I called HTC to inquire about this issue, as well as another issue I'll ask about.

They said the memory issue is one they are aware of and will be working on it with a future update of the software. They said the device does have 8gb of memory internal built into it, so the reason why we can't access it all is software related.
And if you think about it, the Incredible has 8gb internal memory as well and you can see ~6.5gb after all the OS related stuff is accounted for.

My other question I asked them, hopefully someone here will have an answer.
You're supposed to be able to share pix, movies, etc. over DLNA by going into either the gallery and pressing menu and select player, or by going to the app Connected Media and sending it to a player that way. I haven't been able to get that to work, I have a workaround by using Twonky, but was curious if anyone has figured that out? Please let me know if you have.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I called HTC to inquire about this issue, as well as another issue I'll ask about.

They said the memory issue is one they are aware of and will be working on it with a future update of the software. They said the device does have 8gb of memory internal built into it, so the reason why we can't access it all is software related.
And if you think about it, the Incredible has 8gb internal memory as well and you can see ~6.5gb after all the OS related stuff is accounted for.

You're supposed to be able to share pix, movies, etc. over DLNA by going into either the gallery and pressing menu and select player, or by going to the app Connected Media and sending it to a player that way. I haven't been able to get that to work, I have a workaround by using Twonky, but was curious if anyone has figured that out? Please let me know if you have.

So they are releasing an update to fix the Internal memory?

and for the second part.. I did not see a way to make the TB a server.. for example: to see it on your PS3..

Thanks for the update

BigMcGuire

Reaction score

Wow, this is good news. At least it's just a software issue. Very cool. Thanks for calling about this.

ionide

Reaction score

and for the second part.. I did not see a way to make the TB a server.. for example: to see it on your PS3..

Thanks for the update

Yes @ the update to fix.

No, they do not have an ETR.

briguy503

Reaction score

Thanks for the update

For DLNA to work you must have WiFi on to connect through your wireless router. I have connected to my ps3 through my router.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

Thanks for the update

For DLNA to work you must have WiFi on to connect through your wireless router. I have connected to my ps3 through my router.

when i played with the DLNA i was on WIFI..

I need to paly around more.. but you can see your TB on the PS3??

briguy503

Reaction score

Thanks for the update

when i played with the DLNA i was on WIFI..

I need to paly around more.. but you can see your TB on the PS3??

Yes I could see my thunderbolt on my ps3. You also have to turn on media server on your ps3, in the network settings. I don't always have it on because it makes my ps3 update really slow when they release a new update. Sorry that went long
;)

ionide

Reaction score

Thanks for the update

Clarify.

Are you using a Thunderbolt?
Have you installed a media server from the market like Twonky or something similar?

If you are using the Thunderbolt and are not using a different media server, please, PLEASE enlighten me and tell me how to get it to work.

viper1549

Reaction score

Thanks for the update

Clarify.

Are you using a Thunderbolt?
Have you installed a media server from the market like Twonky or something similar?

If you are using the Thunderbolt and are not using a different media server, please, PLEASE enlighten me and tell me how to get it to work.

i am going to try what you said a post or 2 ago but i am to interested in figuring this out. I have google TV (Revue) which also has DLNA and i havent got it to work with that either yet.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Remember guys if you want root, it'd probably be wise not to update. But thanks for finally solving the problem lmao! Glad its software related and it's fixable.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
funkyb

funkyb

Reaction score
Many thanks for taking the time to call HTC. I look forward to the update.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for taking the time to call HTC. I look forward to the update.

+1, now if only we could get this out to everyone. A few other threads have popped up asking about this issue.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm having dlna problem as well. I've only been able to get most of my music to play, some still don't and none of my videos play either.

OP
funkyb

funkyb

Reaction score
That, and address the reported cam resolution.