Rumored HTC Thunderbolt Spec Sheet Brings Dual Core Madness

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
incredible4g.JPG

As much as I want to believe this to be true, I will put this article under the highly unlikely section. The latest “leak” of information on the web is about the upcoming HTC Thunderbolt. The rumor is that it will have a dual-core 1.2 Ghz processor. That’s not all; this report goes on to say the device will support up to 128 GB SDXC, will come stock with Gingerbread, and come with 8MegaPixel back and 5MegaPixel front cameras.

I don't know about you guys, but this is just a bit too fishy for me. It seems too good to be true, and HTC hasn’t shared information about it. Anyway, take it however you want, but if true, this device is just the bee's knees.

How would you like this device to take home in your pocket? Anyone believe this rumor, and if so, how much would you pay for this right now? Let us know how you feel in the forums.

Source ([Rumor] HTC Thunderbolt specs? Or just a dream made of unicorn blood? | Android Central)

As soon as it comes, it goes. Here is an update from Pocketnow.com (the original source) that I should share.

Update:
Well, we hate to burst your bubble, but MobileTechWorld has pointed out that the beefy MSM8960 chip these specs report the Thunderbolt as running won't be a possibility at the time the phone would likely start shipping. The availability of the MSM8960 to hardware designers won't even begin until next year, meaning it should be much later before we see it in any phones. And if that's wrong, who knows about the rest of these Thunderbolt details?

Last edited by a moderator:

thedefectkid

Reaction score
Due for my upgradee in June wish I could get this bad boy can't wait til then to see whats new :) still a sick phone that I wish I could grab

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
... People need to just chill and have a beer (or six)... CES is only a week away, at this point why bother to mess with 'leaks' and speculation when NONE of the products unveiled at CES are going to be available until well after anyway (history shows on average 4-6 months)... It's one thing when the show is weeks or months away but seriously.. 6 days... only 3 business days... what is the point?? To get overly excited just to be disappointed?:icon_ banana:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
are we gonna be able to watch any of CES live??

G4TV is doing a lot of their shows from CES. I think AOS (or AOTS or whatever they call it) is supposed to be live. Don't know about other stations. I would imagine that CNN will have a bunch of segments throughout but likely not live.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Here's hoping it's a slow day at work on the 6th, going to be keeping up with any live updates or catching it online live...exciting to say the least

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
I was hoping online cause I don't have cable anymore :( oh well I was hoping they would do something like E3 where you could watch it all live from their site

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm doubting the specs, and for a completely silly (yet probably valid) reason.

There's absolutely no reason for a 5MP front facing cam. Front facing cams are for video chat. 5MP for video chat is ridiculous, overkill, and would require a horrendous amount of bandwidth. 1080p is only slightly above 2MP, so a 2.1MP cam would be more than sufficient for 1080p video chat.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. Great points.

I mean seriously, do we even have to address these rumors? Wow, just wow @ them.

Sent from my Fascinate using DroidForums App

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm doubting the specs, and for a completely silly (yet probably valid) reason.

There's absolutely no reason for a 5MP front facing cam. Front facing cams are for video chat. 5MP for video chat is ridiculous, overkill, and would require a horrendous amount of bandwidth. 1080p is only slightly above 2MP, so a 2.1MP cam would be more than sufficient for 1080p video chat.

Yeah the 5mp FFC is what threw the red flag up for me too. Overkill to say the least.

thorton02

Reaction score
Maybe it's for taking self shots. I find it pretty dumb that when I want to take a picture of me and someone else, I have to have the screen pointed away. But yeah, 5mp for video chat is ridiculous.

On a similar topic, are we in the minority knowing that the # of mp does not translate at all to the quality of the camera? Seriously, who needs an 8mp camera on their cell phone?

And, if I have to wait 4-6 months for a descent dual-core phone, I'll probably go crazy.

k1ng617

Reaction score
so absurd almost not worth commenting on...

Anyways, all I need is a DualCore and I will stand in line for this because I am in I love the speaker behind the stand I bet it beats my DX tiny slit speaker out of the water and maybe even beat out my OG droid.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
so absurd almost not worth commenting on...

Anyways, all I need is a DualCore and I will stand in line for this because I am in I love the speaker behind the stand I bet it beats my DX tiny slit speaker out of the water and maybe even beat out my OG droid.

It most likely won't have a dual core.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk