Gingerbread-based Dual-Core HTC Shooter Emerges

Reaction score
I live in Ohio and am going to Chicago for the weekend and Ive already been in contact with VZW reps so I can get a Thunderbolt the 1st thing when I get there. Yeah this phone sounds cool, but so does a quad core, Im sure there will be specs coming out on that soon too. I think this is what happens when you get caught up in the "hype". Waiting and waiting for a phone. The TBolt is gonna be a good phone, if you dont think so you are in denial. 4g alone is gonna make the phone good, going from .6-1.6mbps to 5-12mbps is gonna be great. Phones fit our needs, I dont know why everyone is flipping out about what comes after the TB, there is always something better over the horizon, thats technology

......... commence with the rubbing our faces in it

DownloadAndroid

Reaction score
I didn't see a date attached to the shooter or did I miss it? Maybe I'm wrong but as long as you are always willing to skip what you COULD buy and wait for something unreleased on the horizon, it's always easy to shoot down anyone who buys what is available today. Isn't it? Fast forward to the day before the Shooter gets released...won't you be eyeing the specs of the next rumored device and chiding those buying the Shooter?

:) I'd love to see the announcement of the FINAL cell phone when we can all be sure that there cannot be a better device down the road if only we would wait.

+1, I need a new phone and am not waiting for 3/6/9+ months for the next wave.

+11111111Sounds great

Rotas

Reaction score
Thunderbolt is going to be a great phone, and this doesn't really change my mind about it.

We need an up-ranking system. lol.

With how crazy those people were for the Thunderbolt, I hope for their health they don't see this as it trumps the Thunderbolt.
This is what happens when people get sucked into the hype mill

Sent from my Droid

I'll admit I too get into the 'hype mill'. Luckily though, I'm willing to be patient and come to realize how average this device was. Would have been great in November, now not so much. Don't know about you, but after hearing of the Bionic coming pretty soon, I can wait.

I still don't see anything special about the bionic, besides it being dual core.
That, and the HDMI out, which I don't see the use of that on a phone anyway.
Once the Bionic is released, there will be other WAY better dual core devices coming out after that.
If I was going to wait for something, it would be the Optimus 3D/Galaxy S II/Stealth V

Only thing I see Dual core REALLY making a difference in, is gaming.
Like I said in another thread, I have a handheld game system for that.

Desiree84

Reaction score
root driod 2.2.2

My phone updated this morning can I still root it? Please help?dancedroid

Reaction score
Sounds pretty nice, except that it will probably be on Sprint if it does turn out to be the next EVO successor, not Verizon. Plus, how much do you want to bet they slap like a 1200 mAh battery in this baby (they clearly have not learned yet)?!? No release date in sight for this, or any other phone besides the Bionic that has a change to compete with the TB, so I'll be perfectly happy with it for a while. By the time a release date for this phone is announced, there will be a leak the next day of a quad core phone that prints money, builds you a jet to a private island, comes with a free supermodel included, and will grant you 3 wishes. There is always something better around the corner when it comes to technology, so you can't let that sway you from pulling the trigger on something that looks great, does the job you need it to, and is available today.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty nice, except that it will probably be on Sprint if it does turn out to be the next EVO successor, not Verizon. Plus, how much do you want to bet they slap like a 1200 mAh battery in this baby (they clearly have not learned yet)?!? No release date in sight for this, or any other phone besides the Bionic that has a change to compete with the TB, so I'll be perfectly happy with it for a while. By the time a release date for this phone is announced, there will be a leak the next day of a quad core phone that prints money, builds you a jet to a private island, comes with a free supermodel included, and will grant you 3 wishes. There is always something better around the corner when it comes to technology, so you can't let that sway you from pulling the trigger on something that looks great, does the job you need it to, and is available today.

Amen. 2hrs and counting

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im sorry-i dont believe these specs.As the song goes-i am stuck on bionic,cos bionic is stuck on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!! :)

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I think it just depends on what phone people have. If people are still with their OG droid, I think the TB is a great phone to upgrade to, even if better phones will be out at the end of the year.

I have an X, so the TB doesnt really seem like its worth getting aside from the unlimited 4G. Im fine with waiting for the Targa to come out, my phone doesnt feel too ancient yet.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^True.

I have a a Droid 1 and an X. I can also wait for some other dual core phones to come out.

wingdo

Reaction score
I have no regrets moving to the TB. Call quality is top notch, LTE speeds are insane, and it's about twice as fast in doing general stuff than my co-worker's EVO.

Yeah, I could wait for the dual core and maybe not get $29.99 unlimited data, but then I'd be upset because the quad cores are in production, then ...........

I lived with my Droid 1 since launch day, I think I can live with the TB until I can upgrade again. Although I would like a qHD screen. I've already grown to love the 4.3" goodness this thing has.

Detonation

Reaction score
I have no regrets moving to the TB. Call quality is top notch, LTE speeds are insane, and it's about twice as fast in doing general stuff than my co-worker's EVO.

Yeah, I could wait for the dual core and maybe not get $29.99 unlimited data, but then I'd be upset because the quad cores are in production, then ...........

I lived with my Droid 1 since launch day, I think I can live with the TB until I can upgrade again. Although I would like a qHD screen. I've already grown to love the 4.3" goodness this thing has.

And anyways, if you REALLY want one of the new phones, the TB should still be worth enough on ebay that the net cost after selling it and buying the new one retail should be the same as the 2 year contract price.

omarthestar18

Reaction score
Im getting a Tb
Should be in the mail in the next day or so
Im finally FREE from My HTC Touch Pro 2 with Win-mo( and worse still has an Alltell stamp on it)
Can I pleasee get somekind of award for my patience? I couldve gotten an Incredible in August!

EdForsythe

Reaction score
^True.

I have a a Droid 1 and an X. I can also wait for some other dual core phones to come out.
I'm inclined to agree with you. If I had a DX I would not waste an upgrade on the TB. The TB is a good phone but it's not great. Of course there will always be something better on the horizon but with VZ the horizon always seems to be further away than AT&T or Sprint. As someone said earlier the TB would have been great in November but three months later - nope. AT&T has had the Bionic competitor (ATRIX) for a month? So if you buy the Bionic in June you will be three months behind the power curve. For once I'd like for VZ to get a great phone first and without stripping it of some of it's best features!