HTC Thunderbolt Spec Descrepencies

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Well does anybody have root explorer or another root-type file access program they can use to check out the size of the folders/files on the internal SD? I dont and wont know since I will not be getting the Tbolt, only throwing out ideas...

techguru

Reaction score
Well does anybody have root explorer or another root-type file access program they can use to check out the size of the folders/files on the internal SD? I dont and wont know since I will not be getting the Tbolt, only throwing out ideas...

Gonna own it a few weeks before I root it. The internal storage is not that big a deal for me since on my Incredible only the camera, Rockplayer, and Astro could make any use of it anyway. I could start apps by clicking on registered file types in AStro, but no apps could actually see the emmc directory themselves, so I hardly used it. Much prefer having 2.5 gig of "Phone" memory for app storage.

Alan

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
We don't have root yet so that won't do any good right now.

OP
funkyb

funkyb

Reaction score
Am I correct in inferring from your reply that it is feasible there is 8 but that the OS is preventing apps like elixir from seeing it?

Sent fro m my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

geoff5093

Reaction score
I didn't even realize this, 2.39GB here as well. There is suppose to be 8GB right?

OP
funkyb

funkyb

Reaction score
I didn't even realize this, 2.39GB here as well. There is suppose to be 8GB right?

Yes they are. I don't understand what is going on here. Either (1) the OS is not reporting an accurate number, (2) the OS is hijacking 5.61 GB on a separate partition that isn't visible, or (3) there isn't 8GB internal. Perhaps there are other possibilities, but I am not an expert on mobile hardware.

The other thing that is bugging me is Elixir reports the video camera is a 720x480 capture device, which is 480p not 720p. However, if you open the camera application and go into the menu, you can choose 1280x720 resolution. Even after selecting the full 720p resolution, Elixir still reports the camera as a 720x480 capture device. Is 720p an upsampled lie?

OP
funkyb

funkyb

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if there really isn't 8gb in here, but I still want to know why it doesn't show.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

evereddie

Reaction score
The other thing that is bugging me is Elixir reports the video camera is a 720x480 capture device, which is 480p not 720p. However, if you open the camera application and go into the menu, you can choose 1280x720 resolution. Even after selecting the full 720p resolution, Elixir still reports the camera as a 720x480 capture device. Is 720p an upsampled lie?
Maybe that is for the front facing camera. Since there are 2 cameras in the phone shouldn't they both show on the specs?

opquiros2

Reaction score
I spoke to technician over at verizon. he said that OS take most of the memory

OP
funkyb

funkyb

Reaction score
That still doesn't explain why it says 2.6 total....

dhaymond

Reaction score
That's bull... Anyways not to get to far off convo. Is there no swype keyboard???

sent from my 4G LTE

ionide

Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone has found out anymore about this? Really odd.