HTC thunderbolt gingerbread update

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah. Rooted and rommed. Only way to go with any phone in my opinion. Service providers don't want to give their customers the good stuff...and they take forever to release updates with subpar features because their corporate chodes can't decide on the best method to make u pay for it.

I really wish one company would step forward and say...lets give our customers what they want. Lets do this for the advancement of technology. Ain't gonna happen though. Dollar bills don't make good glasses

ridin the lightning

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
the xda devs said GB would probably out in August. Take that for what you will.

electric6

Reaction score
This may be the wrong thread, but is there a nice, simple, solid root out now? I looked a few months ago, and there were still some pretty ugly bugs. Ive got a giant extended battery, in my seido convert, so Im ready to get some pure google on thing bad boy. I also wanna remove all bloatware like blockbuster and peep. Where can I get some detailed instructions and the DL link?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
This may be the wrong thread, but is there a nice, simple, solid root out now? I looked a few months ago, and there were still some pretty ugly bugs. Ive got a giant extended battery, in my seido convert, so Im ready to get some pure google on thing bad boy. I also wanna remove all bloatware like blockbuster and peep. Where can I get some detailed instructions and the DL link?

Looks like there's a pretty straightforward "auto-root"....check out the Thunderbolt Hacks subforum for root, ROMS, etc.

azpilot

Reaction score

This is the method I used to flash a few TB's with, it does require ADB but it works great.
[ROOT] MR1/OTA PermRoot + Unlock Bootloader - Safer/Easier 5/12/2011 - xda-developers

This is the method I used to go back to stock when I was having 3G issues and they wanted to check the phone at the verizon store. Once we fixed the issue (needed new SIM card) I went right home and rooted again.

[HOWTO] Restore to stock for root users and non-root users UPDATED 5/17/2011 - xda-developers

Viper Daimao

Reaction score

This is the method I used to flash a few TB's with, it does require ADB but it works great.
[ROOT] MR1/OTA PermRoot + Unlock Bootloader - Safer/Easier 5/12/2011 - xda-developers

This is the method I used to go back to stock when I was having 3G issues and they wanted to check the phone at the verizon store. Once we fixed the issue (needed new SIM card) I went right home and rooted again.

[HOWTO] Restore to stock for root users and non-root users UPDATED 5/17/2011 - xda-developers
I used this as well. the hardest part was getting adb installed but that was only because it wasn't recognizing I had the jre already installed and I didn't know that the "fix" was to hit back and have the adb install try to find it again. after that everything was smooth.

B-RAN

Reaction score
Reasons why...here

63147871-c4e2-a5d3.jpg
63147871-c4f3-3c94.jpg
63147871-c506-1f34.jpg
63147871-c518-6081.jpg

ridin the lightning

Hey man, could you share that wallpaper? That thing is sick! Post it here or pm me. Thanks!

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
Seeing those screenshots could be what makes me switch to GB. I've been holding out because I don't want to let go of Wifi Tether., but it's getting a lot harder. I hope someone figures out how to get Wifi Tether working on GB.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Seeing those screenshots could be what makes me switch to GB. I've been holding out because I don't want to let go of Wifi Tether., but it's getting a lot harder. I hope someone figures out how to get Wifi Tether working on GB.

Wifi tether for root users works on gb. Its the third party app I use. The transparent version is awesome. In team inversion conversion forum

ridin the lightning

wesdo2gg

Reaction score

Wifi tether for root users works on gb. Its the third party app I use. The transparent version is awesome. In team inversion conversion forum

ridin the lightning

WOW, I keep hearing that Wifi Tether for root users does not work. Well, with the development of that single app working, I guess it's time to go get a huge breakfast, call my Dad and tell him happy fathers day, then put my phone into recovery and get Gingeritus on my phone. Thanks.