HTC thunderbolt gingerbread update

irish4778

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a gingerbread update for thunderbolt and other Droid devices read something about multiple Android devices getting a gingerbread update in the late second quarter on Droid life

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

azpilot

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a gingerbread update for thunderbolt and other Droid devices read something about multiple Android devices getting a gingerbread update in the late second quarter on Droid life

There is a Gingerbread Rom over on XDA Developers. I loaded it up last night and its pretty nice. So far only the rear facing camera does not work right, does not save pictures and the stock weather app does not gather the location. third party weather works fine.

ziggy484

Reaction score

There is a Gingerbread Rom over on XDA Developers. I loaded it up last night and its pretty nice. So far only the rear facing camera does not work right, does not save pictures and the stock weather app does not gather the location. third party weather works fine.

This doesnt help those who aren't rooted, and the op was asking about an official update

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
For rooted users, that GB rom is causing some permanent bricking of phones right now, FYI. Secondly, when the GB OTA officially comes to HTC TB users, I'm wondering if it will also have the tethering sniffers like GB for the DX did. Guys over there are getting forwarded to the VZW tethering pay site when they run Wireless Tether. This is another reason why I'm glad I'm rooted.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
Today I called Verizon's tech support due to slow 4g. Thy corrected that by just having me remove the battery for 1 minute.. but he mentioned to me if I got the update for something called gingerbread ... he claimed it bricked phones, and he claimed Verizon stopped the updates.. he claimed he personally had 10 calls where they had to ship out replacement thunderbolts..

Technoman

Reaction score
Today I called Verizon's tech support due to slow 4g. Thy corrected that by just having me remove the battery for 1 minute.. but he mentioned to me if I got the update for something called gingerbread ... he claimed it bricked phones, and he claimed Verizon stopped the updates.. he claimed he personally had 10 calls where they had to ship out replacement thunderbolts..

I would say that you got someone who is full of it.
Either they didn't know what they were talking about, or they were just plain stupid.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

I would say that you got someone who is full of it.
Either they didn't know what they were talking about, or they were just plain stupid.
I agree. He's a moron.

I've been running GB for a while now without any issues. Virus has a kick ass beta for it on XDA.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So what's the big deal with GB? What does it update and why is it better?

Look up sense 3.0 elements. New lock screen, smooth as butter functionality, instant Gps lock....list keep going.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
So what's the big deal with GB? What does it update and why is it better?

Its just the latest version of android. You can think of it like when your favorite video game gets a pretty cool update.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Reasons why...here

63147871-c4e2-a5d3.jpg
63147871-c4f3-3c94.jpg
63147871-c506-1f34.jpg
63147871-c518-6081.jpg

ridin the lightning

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
^^^Pretty much sums it up. Look at that sex.