HTC Thunderbolt Gets its Own Official Countdown Webspot On Verizon

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saw the commercial as well. I wonder if they are running the LTE commercials in 3G cities? That would seem a bad strategy to hype something only to have to tell customers "sorry, LTE doesn't come here for 2 more years"

They already do it with FIOS.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

right. and I don't see this as a bad thing... granted you see/hear advertisements for a service not available to you and you might be annoyed, but at the same time it builds awareness that the service exists.... and then if/when it does become available to you... BAM "I've been hearing about this forever, I can't wait to get it!".... doesn't seem like such a bad strategy :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
]
right. and I don't see this as a bad thing... granted you see/hear advertisements for a service not available to you and you might be annoyed, but at the same time it builds awareness that the service exists.... and then if/when it does become available to you... BAM "I've been hearing about this forever, I can't wait to get it!".... doesn't seem like such a bad strategy :)

Good points. It's just a little surprising because national ads cost so much more (and generate little to no revenue in non-LTE cities) when they could be concentrating those commercials in the 38 launch cities.

Don't have FIOS where I live and have never seen an ad or commercial for it, not to say it doesn't happen just an anecdotal observation.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
]

Good points. It's just a little surprising because national ads cost so much more (and generate little to no revenue in non-LTE cities) when they could be concentrating those commercials in the 38 launch cities.

Don't have FIOS where I live and have never seen an ad or commercial for it, not to say it doesn't happen just an anecdotal observation.

i can see your point on focusing the ads to where it's more relevant.

I don't think VZW is worried about the expense though, I'm guessing they have a hefty chunk of change available for advertising.