New HTC Thunderbolt Commercial Teaser

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;s2TkxqVrVeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2TkxqVrVeQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Here's a pretty slick new HTC Thunderbolt commercial that shows a man "catching the lightning" and creating the new phone. This ad is pretty slick. Too bad we can't all do the same thing...

Does it bode tidings of a soon-to-be-released Thunderbolt? Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Source: Verizon Wireless/YouTube

moosez3

Reaction score
why must they tease us! If it is 300 Im waiting though :/

TheOllieC

Reaction score
Looks so good. Just need to hear more about that price though...

JohnAP2

Reaction score
Far, far more important than the initial cost of the device is how much the 4G service is going to cost. They could give it away for free and it wouldn't take much of the sting of an additional $50/month away...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
it's almost a given now it will be the same as 3G

I hope they announce pricing soon. I'm just so tired of people acting like charging a premium is a forgone conclusion or fact. Like every other post on any thread about LTE is someone saying "I'm NOT paying $45"

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The release is definitely getting close. I kept saying it was unlikely for this phone to be released with almost no national promotion, and that's picked-up significantly in the last week.

VZW has also been very consistent with the whole lightning theme going back to the first LTE commercials several months ago. And, doh, the TBolt name just dawns on me as being pretty slick (but I still hate the name).

JohnAP2

Reaction score

I hope they announce pricing soon. I'm just so tired of people acting like charging a premium is a forgone conclusion or fact. Like every other post on any thread about LTE is someone saying "I'm NOT paying $45"

Right now - with a small corporate discount - my monthly bill for my OG Droid is $106.00 after taxes. I justify this expensive because of my utter addiction to my smart phone (hey, beats smoking). While I'm all about progressing with the times and yearn for the faster 4G speeds (let's face it, 3G can be painfully S L O W) I would not be willing to pay $45-$50 on TOP of the $30/unlimited 3G charge. If the 4G price plans are reasonable and competitive I would jump on this phone in a heartbeat. The whole data cap issue scares me a bit too. With 4G and regular use of Pandora you could be looking at some serious overages. People tend to focus on the upfront, initial device cost rather than stepping back to look at the big picture. Upfront cost means very little in the grand scheme of things when it comes to total $$$.

JohnAP2

Reaction score
Expense - not expensive. Can't find a way to edit after posting, sorry.

Reaction score

understood, but just going by what reps have told me, not sure why they would tell me if they didn't know (they told me they didn't know the release date), said it would be the same as 3G (not on top of), and we would be grandfathered in if it were to be raised

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
understood, but just going by what reps have told me, not sure why they would tell me if they didn't know (they told me they didn't know the release date), said it would be the same as 3G (not on top of), and we would be grandfathered in if it were to be raised

Agreed. I never really expected them to raise prices, although caps are a real possibility, but for the vast majority of people a 5gig or even 2gig cap is effectively no different than unlimited.

I have the same fear of a couple of gigs not being enough for me in the future and want to be grandfathered, but I don't think I'm concerned enough to pay full retail, at least not for the TBolt.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
I want it, but i don't know if I can live without the physical keyboard like my D1...a D3 dual core phone would be perfect for me...or maybe an HTC Thunderbolt "shift"? lol