HTC Thunderbolt AKA Droid IncredibleHD Leaked Pictures

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

It’s finally got a face. The device that we so dearly have been waiting for and is scheduled to be released at CES has been leaked by some HTC folks. That’s right, just a weeks ahead of time, someone has made our wish come true and brought us a nice look at the first LTE device to come to Verizon Wireless from HTC. While the design isn’t any much change from what Sprint calls the Evo4G, it’s something that should keep us happy in 4G land.

There are more pictures at the source, but let’s hear what you think of this device? Does this make you happy or will you wait for the next one.

More pics: (Exclusive: 12 Photos of the HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

Detonation

Reaction score
Actually it looks like it has a pretty bad design flaw...the charging port is opposite the kickstand meaning you can't charge it while standing it horizontally (which is probably the more common orientation to use the kickstand).The Evo's port is on the bottom.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Just saw this. I would love to get it but no dual core....ehh I think I might wait for the LG star...

So is the Verizon's version of the EVO?
I really havent been keeping up on this, but is not having a Dual core tha big of a deal? If I sound like a noob, fogive me.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just saw this. I would love to get it but no dual core....ehh I think I might wait for the LG star...

I really havent been keeping up on this, but is not having a Dual core tha big of a deal? If I sound like a noob, fogive me.

Best possible mock up shots were shared here....not the HD but a nice copy of the evo...

leonozug

Reaction score
Looks NICE. Man it's gonna be hard waiting for an Etna to compare the two....I mean even if it don't have dual-core inside I'm sure the(hopefully)1.5ghz processor will be plenty fast enough....definitely faster than my Droid!! lol

creaky

Reaction score

Best possible mock up shots were shared here....not the HD but a nice copy of the evo...

By that do you mean that the device pictured in this thread is different than the HD that we were talking about back in November?

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
hmm..

after reading that the LG dual core will have 1080p Video recording capabilities and a dual core proc.. i dunno anymore.. not like i have a ton of footage from my phone.. still would be nice to be able to record in 1080p when needed..

I might have to wait it out for the LG

GOON

Reaction score
this is an AWFUL phone, its nothing special to me, id rather have the x just cuz its moto

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

It depends...

most, if not all the dual core phones could have better battery life,

better gpu so games should play better,

games available specifically for dual core phones might be a notch
above phones with single core chips if that happens,

multi tasking could be better,

someone mentioned 1080p recording; that might only be available with dual core phones, dont really know right now,

there could some features thats only available to dual core phones

Thats all I can think of right now.

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

I jsut dont understand why they would release such a great phone without the dual core when dual core will b out in a month or less. So to be honest once again FAIL. It really don't matter if it will have a 1.5 proc it needs a dual core procesor this late in the game. If it had dual core this would be my phone for shizzle

Jemmi Anderson

Reaction score
There are more pictures at the source, but let’s hear what you think of this device? Does this make you happy or will you wait for the next one.

Reaction score
After all the grief HTC and Verizon gave us over this phone they make us wait and its not gonna have the latest tech?! I will be passing on this. I left Verizon and have a G2. I will come back for the LG X2 or the Motor Etna.

DanielC

Reaction score
Hmmm, should I upgrade now to the DX or wait for this? :icon_eek: