HTC Thunderbolt AKA Droid IncredibleHD Leaked Pictures

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually I care about megapixels...as long as they are good. I know photography very well. I have a DSLR and my father was a photographer. It's not just about the megapixels but the size of the sensor when it comes to having the best photos. Manufacturers will be more inclined to put in larger sensors in phones that can support it with something like a dual core. That's what I mean.

BTW the cameras you speak of that shoot at 120 frames per second usually cost over $10,000 so that's not even a good comparison when it comes to camera phones.

Point taken. I was just trying to say if you are focused on # of mp's and that is why you are holding out, seems like a stupid and uneducated reason. Frames per second (minute is probably more applicable) and sensor size (as you stated) are far more important. There are also a myriad of other features / specs, far beyond my knowledge, which real photographers would value far more than the # of mp's.

Haven't seen too many poster size pics taken from people's phones. Anyway, sorry for getting so O/T. But will reiterate I would not hold out on buying a device because there are others in pipeline which will have cameras with more mp's.

Oh yes I know what you mean. I would take 8 good megapixels over 12 mediocre ones. But yeah true. I want features and functionality. Personally, I just can't see myself buying this if all they did was add 4g to the EVO or Desire HD. If that's the case they should have come out with this phone a long time ago without the 4g IMO.

BigMace23

Reaction score
As per Miami's original claim, all this phone will be is a 4G LTE version of the desire HD, for verizon. That's it, no hi-res screen, no dual core, no 1gb of memory(768mb's rather), and no hdmi. The processor will be the CDMA variant of the one in the desire HD, which isn't bad, bud its really not a whole lot faster than whats already on the table. "the first to 4g. again" means this will be the first 4g phone released on big red, which according to their typical release schedules should be announced on the 6th, with release following within the month of january. Also going by qualcomm's schedule of their dual core CDMA processors, the MSM8660 or the QSD8670 are simply not ready for full integration into handsets at this time. So that is in my humble opinion the logical chain of events in the next month. Any comments on that?

Seriously tho guys, just go to HTC's website, look at the specifications of the desire hd, and that is for the most part what is being announced by HTC on the 6th! Not bad, but its already old news...

Then I guess the only new news in the other upcoming phones is dual core... which really won't b that big of a difference without optimized software, and who knows when that will come. I haven't heard of any other phones upping the resolution yet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App