More Pictures Of HTC Button-less Device

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Very interested in knowing if the Incredible HD does come out Q1. Probably not, but I am hoping. I rather have this than the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Droid

electric6

Reaction score
Very interested in knowing if the Incredible HD does come out Q1. Probably not, but I am hoping. I rather have this than the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Droid

I see no reason it wouldn't come in April. The first one did after all :). Judging by the pic it looks like it's toting the same 4.3" screen. Possibly the pyramid on verizon? I hope so. Also I'm wondering about the LTE pricing too. Why would they launch '3G only phone's like the incredible with the standard 30 a month unlimited data, and charge the same for LTE phones? It kind of makes sense to me that they possibly will upcharge for the 4g devices and release similary equipped 3G only phones for those that do not need LTE speeds or won't have it in their area for a long time. Just speculation, I know but that seems to be the scheme here.

volando

Reaction score
How is not having buttons good? That's what sets android apart from iOS devices. I actually like having menu/home/back/search and find them an integral part of the OS. Am I missing something?

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
How is not having buttons good? That's what sets android apart from iOS devices. I actually like having menu/home/back/search and find them an integral part of the OS. Am I missing something?

I don't like having buttons because lint and everything else in your pocket gets in between the cracks in the buttons and ruins the sleekness. :/

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Why would they launch '3G only phone's like the incredible with the standard 30 a month unlimited data, and charge the same for LTE phones?

LTE is only available in 38 cities at launch, but that's like 1/3 VZW's customer base, plus another 2 dozen cities or so by like June. So still over half the customers and most of the footprint for 3G.

What is kind of puzzling to me is why mfrs would even bother producing 3G handsets. LTE is backwards compatible, so I'm not sure why you limit the market opportunity with LTE only or 3G only phones.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

not a chance on that one............

the next gen Incredible is now q2... and maybe late q2 at that... sorry

EgooEspada

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

I see no reason it wouldn't come in April. The first one did after all :). Judging by the pic it looks like it's toting the same 4.3" screen. Possibly the pyramid on verizon? I hope so. Also I'm wondering about the LTE pricing too. Why would they launch '3G only phone's like the incredible with the standard 30 a month unlimited data, and charge the same for LTE phones? It kind of makes sense to me that they possibly will upcharge for the 4g devices and release similary equipped 3G only phones for those that do not need LTE speeds or won't have it in their area for a long time. Just speculation, I know but that seems to be the scheme here.

It looks more like 4" and its probably to be marketed towards people who want/need a Global phone, which is what this phone is rumored to be. But of course April sounds great, and makes sense. But Q1 ends in March. I'd like it to come in March, but like you said, April makes more sense.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

also next gen Incredible will be 3g only......no lte...

Only lte devices at first will be the Thunderbolt and Bionic....

Droid x2 Di2 (second gen) and droid 3 are all 3g devices.....all due in q2...so $30 a month is right and early lte adopters will keep that pricing

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
Why would they launch '3G only phone's like the incredible with the standard 30 a month unlimited data, and charge the same for LTE phones?

So people actually want to switch to LTE...

hasankamal

Reaction score
That's what sets android apart from iOS devices. I actually like having menu/home/back/search and find them an integral part of the OS.

tmwilson02

Reaction score
That's what sets android apart from iOS devices. I actually like having menu/home/back/search and find them an integral part of the OS.

I cannot find the picture that I saw, but there were definitely 4 capacitive buttons on the bottom of the phone in it. There just haven't been any pictures of the phone on with the buttons illuminated yet (that I know of). I will keep looking.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I cannot find the picture that I saw, but there were definitely 4 capacitive buttons on the bottom of the phone in it. There just haven't been any pictures of the phone on with the buttons illuminated yet (that I know of). I will keep looking.

Bottom of the phone or bottom of the screen? Looked to me like they might almost be part of something like a bottom status bar (as opposed to hard "soft" buttons like on the D1). Would be the way to go, as such buttons could be hidden when watching video, freeing up some valuable screen real estate.

adjangs

Reaction score
I found some new info floating around out there on this device. Here is a snapshot of an official looking email that says the HTC "Vivo" is going to SaskTel in April-May. Take it for what it's worth. I hope it comes to Verizon by that time too.

They also have the original leaked photo with levels adjusted to clearly reveal the presumable capacative buttons.

htcpedia.comButtonless HTC phone not buttonless, codenamed Vivo, headed to Canada in April?

Reaction score
is there any name for the phone floating around besides incredible 2? i did a google search for incredible 2 and the only thing that came up was the incredible hd. also did someone mention 4.3 screen for the next generation incredible?

electric6

Reaction score
is there any name for the phone floating around besides incredible 2? i did a google search for incredible 2 and the only thing that came up was the incredible hd. also did someone mention 4.3 screen for the next generation incredible?

This phone looks like it will be the verizon equivalent to the htc desire 2. In vzw's line up it would be the incredible 2. My local verizon rep has claimed that this will have the same 4.3" screen as the TB, with the possibility of a much higher pixel density and maybe even the MSM8660 on board as well. The more we learn about it tho, the more it's looking like it's going to have their new 4" screen, to replace the 3.7" that was on the last generation of this phone(nexus one, htc desire, incredible etc,.) Speculation at this point, but I would hazard to guess that it will not have either a dual core or a 4.3" screen. Hopefully they will announce something at the MWC here in a few weeks. I will say that buying the thunderbolt when it's released later this month might be a bit premature with the dual core snapdragon soc's being ready to hit the market.