More Pictures Of HTC Button-less Device

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I am not sure. I believe Verizon has a device month the first half of 2011 - that's roughly 6 devices, 7 if the iPhone wasn't accounted for in that. So I will say April might be when it comes out. Which coincidently is around the original DInc release date. I think it'll fit in with the lineup just fine. Only device that has confused me and seems out of place is the Droid X2 with reports of a May launch.

Sent from my Droid

FlawlessVictory

Reaction score
Hmmm...the back of this phone makes me nervous. It's stamped with "with htc sense". Does this mean it is not a full Google experience? If it was full Google one would imagine it would say "with Google". Could this mean it will be coming with Bing? :frown:

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Don't worry about the "with Sense" part. The original Incredible and the Thunderbolt both said that, but now say "with Google". :)

Its also interesting to see the Verizon logo on it, it means it's pretty much final hardware and launch is very soon.

Sent from my Droid

Reaction score
I am wondering how this will fit into the release schedule for Verizon. They have the iPhone, Thunderbolt, Revolution, Samsung LTE, and Bionic coming up. Hopefully the fact that they have gone to a 14 day return policy expedites their release plans. Any ideas?

They will release the phones >15 days of each other now.

ythot26

Reaction score
if the Thunderbolt costs more than $30 a month, I'll definitely just wait to pick this one up

Darkstar0304

Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy S2 supposedly has a dual core Orion processor, so I wonder if HTC will come out with a dual core phone soon, since they only use Orion? :)

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy S2 supposedly has a dual core Orion processor, so I wonder if HTC will come out with a dual core phone soon, since they only use Orion? :)

Nah. Its actually going to be Nvida's Terga 2 processor. The Orion sadly isn't going to be ready till the second half of 2011. I'm sure they aren't too happy about that, but they don't want to be out of the game. Course, its possible they might show the Galaxy S2 prototype and release it late Q3/early Q4. One things for certain though, the Galaxy Tab 2 will be Terga 2. I am crossing my finger for Orion in the S2, but we'll see how Samsung plays this out.

Sent from my Droid

electric6

Reaction score
I was speaking to my local verizon rep about this phone. He says it is definetly the dinc 2, and will launch AFTER the dx's sequal. He knows it will have the same 4.3" screen as the TB, and when I asked if it was going to be dual-core (by qualcomm) he said that it was "definetly possible."

Hopefully MWC will allow some clarification on this. If it is dual-core I will definetly be waiting for it instead of the 'bolt.

tmwilson02

Reaction score
I was speaking to my local verizon rep about this phone. He says it is definetly the dinc 2, and will launch AFTER the dx's sequal. He knows it will have the same 4.3" screen as the TB, and when I asked if it was going to be dual-core (by qualcomm) he said that it was "definetly possible."

Hopefully MWC will allow some clarification on this. If it is dual-core I will definetly be waiting for it instead of the 'bolt.

I know this has been said a thousand times, but I don't think we can completely trust anything a Verizon rep says. That being said I hope he is wrong about the 4.3" screen. There are tons of these rumored for release and that is just a little too big. I think the 4" screen on the Galaxy S phones is just right. I also hope he is wrong about the "AFTER the dx's sequel." Anyways, this is the phone I am waiting for... until something else gets rumored.

tmwilson02

Reaction score
Any new rumors floating around there on this thing? Does anyone think it will be shown at MWC?

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I'm guessing I'm in the minority here, but I can see some buttons on that thing. The backlight is off, but you can see a lighter black in four round, evenly spaced places along the bottom of the device.
It just looks like it has no buttons because the backlight is off.