HTC Thunderbolt AKA Droid IncredibleHD Leaked Pictures

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Honestly, all phone features will be become standard overnight just like everything tech-oriented. I think the deciding factor in a new phone for me will be thethat gets the most Dev support as far as hackability and theming. Maybe the D1 has spoiled me but ROM swapping and customization is the majority of the enjoyment now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

myriad46

Reaction score
I'm also puzzled why VZW dragged their feet on releasing this phone when they knew that a bunch of dual-core phones would debut around the same time.

They may not have wanted to diminish holiday sales. Also, just becasue we are going to hear about dual-core phones at CES doesn't mean we're going to be able to buy them any time soon.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I think the hardware is fine. Dual cores are all hype right now - just looks good on paper. It's all about software, and HTC offers the more fluid experience out of all. Dual cores barely don't anything for these devices right now and we don't know how the batteries are impacted.

Sent from my Droid

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I agree. Everything looks good on paper...its the real world usage that remains to be seen if dual cores in phones will live up to the hype.
You know, it's not dual core or GTFO. I mean, not everyone has 8 cores in their computers :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I agree with this too. That why I started my earlier post with it depends....I know I listed some possible pros for dual core, I just didnt know what to put after it depends in favor of single core.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the hardware is fine. Dual cores are all hype right now - just looks good on paper. It's all about software, and HTC offers the more fluid experience out of all. Dual cores barely don't anything for these devices right now and we don't know how the batteries are impacted.

Sent from my Droid

Personally, I really don't care too much about battery life. If need be I'll get a larger battery but if a dual core processor support 1080 video and up to 12 megapixel camera, I want that. I think HTC is making a mistake if all they did was add LTE to the Evo and put it on Verizon without any hardware upgrades.

If that's the case I'll wait for LG's new android. I've had the same phone for almost 3 years so waiting a couple more months for a good Android phone is fine for me.

azules9780

Reaction score
I dislike the inconsistency of the hardware buttons beneath the screen. The first, third, and fourth buttons are all graphic icons, but the second button is text --the word "menu". That's ugly design.

The speaker being hidden by the kickstand concerns me a little. Would the sound be muffled if the kickstand isn't open? One of my frustrations with the DX is poor speaker placement. With the speaker on the back, the audio is always directed away from me, so it's not loud or clear. And when I lay the phone down the audio is seriously cut and muffled. They finally figured out that the there should be a microphone on the same side as the camera for video recording, why haven't they figured out that a speaker should be front-facing?

The rest of the phone looks nice. I like the flush camera (no hump).

I'm also puzzled why VZW dragged their feet on releasing this phone when they knew that a bunch of dual-core phones would debut around the same time.

Because a speaker in the front is an UGLY design. Putting dual speakers in the rear allows for much better sound and louder sound on the DX, D1, D2 among others. HOWEVER, like I stated before, covering up with the leg is kind of a bad design. Unless of course, they expect a person to listen to it posted up on their desk all the time, with the leg sticking out of course.

Sooprmn

Reaction score
If I was ready for my upgrade I would be getting this phone for sure!

I'm ready for my upgrade and my blackberry just fell apart (track wheel mechanism splattered all over a parking lot). If you were in my position (can only answer calls, can't even dial out or anything), would you jump on the wagon or still try to hold out? Just want some input.

Thanks!

Sooprmn

Reaction score
Who cares about the # of megapixel. Should be more concerned about lens and shutter speed and other, far more important camera features.

Do you realize professional action photographers still use 4 mp's, but on cameras that take 120 frames per second (not video).

Unless you are creating posters from your camera phone, who the heck cares. That is irrelevant if you talk to any professional action photographer.

myriad46

Reaction score
Who cares about the # of megapixel. Should be more concerned about lens and shutter speed and other, far more important camera features.

Do you realize professional action photographers still use 4 mp's, but on cameras that take 120 frames per second (not video).

Unless you are creating posters from your camera phone, who the heck cares. That is irrelevant if you talk to any professional action photographer.

Because some people want "the best" even if they have no freakin clue what it is or what it does.

electric6

Reaction score
As per Miami's original claim, all this phone will be is a 4G LTE version of the desire HD, for verizon. That's it, no hi-res screen, no dual core, no 1gb of memory(768mb's rather), and no hdmi. The processor will be the CDMA variant of the one in the desire HD, which isn't bad, bud its really not a whole lot faster than whats already on the table. "the first to 4g. again" means this will be the first 4g phone released on big red, which according to their typical release schedules should be announced on the 6th, with release following within the month of january. Also going by qualcomm's schedule of their dual core CDMA processors, the MSM8660 or the QSD8670 are simply not ready for full integration into handsets at this time. So that is in my humble opinion the logical chain of events in the next month. Any comments on that?

Seriously tho guys, just go to HTC's website, look at the specifications of the desire hd, and that is for the most part what is being announced by HTC on the 6th! Not bad, but its already old news...

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually I care about megapixels...as long as they are good. I know photography very well. I have a DSLR and my father was a photographer. It's not just about the megapixels but the size of the sensor when it comes to having the best photos. Manufacturers will be more inclined to put in larger sensors in phones that can support it with something like a dual core. That's what I mean.

BTW the cameras you speak of that shoot at 120 frames per second usually cost over $10,000 so that's not even a good comparison when it comes to camera phones.

Sooprmn

Reaction score
Actually I care about megapixels...as long as they are good. I know photography very well. I have a DSLR and my father was a photographer. It's not just about the megapixels but the size of the sensor when it comes to having the best photos. Manufacturers will be more inclined to put in larger sensors in phones that can support it with something like a dual core. That's what I mean.

BTW the cameras you speak of that shoot at 120 frames per second usually cost over $10,000 so that's not even a good comparison when it comes to camera phones.

Point taken. I was just trying to say if you are focused on # of mp's and that is why you are holding out, seems like a stupid and uneducated reason. Frames per second (minute is probably more applicable) and sensor size (as you stated) are far more important. There are also a myriad of other features / specs, far beyond my knowledge, which real photographers would value far more than the # of mp's.

Haven't seen too many poster size pics taken from people's phones. Anyway, sorry for getting so O/T. But will reiterate I would not hold out on buying a device because there are others in pipeline which will have cameras with more mp's.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I'd sacrifice have my droids MP's to have the sensor that was in my LG Dare.