HTC Rezound SD card question.

RVC

Reaction score
I picked up my Rezound today and I swapped my SD card from my TB to the Rezound. I moved the apps I wanted to the SD card and installed it. None of the apps are showing up on the new phone. Anyone else swap SD cards?

bvjens31

Reaction score
I picked up my Rezound today and I swapped my SD card from my TB to the Rezound. I moved the apps I wanted to the SD card and installed it. None of the apps are showing up on the new phone. Anyone else swap SD cards?

I'm not an expert in droid file systems, but I am assuming that there still needs to be some sort of 'pointer' on the internal storage telling the OS where those apps are installed. Anyone? Bueller?

Are you also seeing 2 storage devices when you mount your Rezound to PC? I got a 14GB store and a 10GB store. Guessing one is SD and one is internal, which seems kinda weird. Maybe I'm just too used to the Moto Droids, in which only SD card would mount into Windows 7.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm not an expert in droid file systems, but I am assuming that there still needs to be some sort of 'pointer' on the internal storage telling the OS where those apps are installed. Anyone? Bueller?

Are you also seeing 2 storage devices when you mount your Rezound to PC? I got a 14GB store and a 10GB store. Guessing one is SD and one is internal, which seems kinda weird. Maybe I'm just too used to the Moto Droids, in which only SD card would mount into Windows 7.

Yes, there is a core of the app that still resides in the main phone memory. Just swapping the SD card would be like just copying an installed program's files from one PC to another. It wouldn't work. The entire app needs to be reinstalled on the new phone unless it was automatically done when you sign into your gmail account.

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
Sounds good, thanks!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

droidmister

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. So i installed a couple apps from the market but they didnt recover any data from the SD card. Also, when i had my droid replaced last year, as soon as i logged in with my google account it began downloading all my apps automatically. Why wouldnt the rezound do the same thing?

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
The problem is, as I discovered last night, HTC screwed us here. It points to it's own internal storage as "SDCARD" and the actual sd card as "SDCARD2" which really makes life difficult. Sure you can copy your app data to the internal storage but then moving to another phone requires repeating the whole process again.

This is NOT something I am very happy about. Maybe someone out there knows a way around this...

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
I don't see SD card 2. Where is it and can I transfer my apps to SD2.
If you go to settings, apps, manage apps, then look on the SD card tab you can choose to move the apps to the SD card. Makes no sense. Also it doesn't show 32g storage in the manage apps SD tab, it only shows 9.9g. Why is that?

Last edited:

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Most apps default to /mnt/sdcard. From there you have to go UP twice and you'll see it.

In settings->SD & phone storage mine shows my 32gb card.

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
Most apps default to /mnt/sdcard. From there you have to go UP twice and you'll see it.

In settings->SD & phone storage mine shows my 32gb card.

Forgive my ignorance....I dont know what you mean when you say go up twice. I still cannot find d it!! Thanks.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance....I dont know what you mean when you say go up twice. I still cannot find d it!! Thanks.

I use Astro file manager. When you start Astro it defaults to /mnt/SDcard as the home folder. At the top there's an up arrow that takes you up towards the root of the phone. If you hit that twice, you will see SDcard2. Most other file managers work in a similar way or perhaps you can type in where you want to go and in that case it would be just / (which stands for Root)

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
Found it in root explorer....even though I'm not rooted!