micro sd card

stemo

Reaction score
I have the stock 16gb sd card and I want a little more storage space.

What is the biggest sd card that is compatible with the HTC rezound?

drew96dawg

Reaction score
If you don't wanna spend that much amazon has 16 gb micro sd cards for around $10

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Islander53

Reaction score

acejavelin

Reaction score
Any current 64GB microSD (sdhc or sdxc) made today should be compatible with the Rezound... occasionally people have had issues formatting them if needed since it has to be in FAT32 and Windows doesn't like a 64 GB partition, but there are lots of third-party utils you can use or just format it in the phone.

On another note, I don't know if anyone has tried the 128GB card in a Rezound though I would be interested to see the results now that there are a handful of them out there, although the only site currently listing 128 GB microSD cards is alibaba.com, which often requires you to buy in qty 50-100 on most items like this.

Last edited:

Islander53

Reaction score
Any current 64GB microSD (sdhc or sdxc) made today should be compatible with the Rezound... occasionally people have had issues formatting them if needed since it has to be in FAT32 and Windows doesn't like a 64 GB partition, but there are lots of third-party utils you can use or just format it in the phone.

On another note, I don't know if anyone has tried the 128GB card in a Rezound though I would be interested to see the results now that there are a handful of them out there, although the only site currently listing 128 GB microSD cards is alibaba.com, which often requires you to buy in qty 50-100 on most items like this.

Thanks...I'll get one Amazon..it looks like they have a great price for a 64GB

Islander53

Reaction score
I purchased the Sandisk microSDXC 64GB from Amazon and it arrived today. When I installed it in the phone (Rezound), it reads "bad micro sd" ???

smo180

Reaction score
I've been using the SanDisk 64gb microSDXC in my Rezound for around 7 months with no issues. You have to format it in the phone.

acejavelin

Reaction score
HTC Rezound Specs, Features (Phone Scoop) It doesn't support 64gb cards

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
It is common knowledge this phone supports 64GB cards, and in theory, given kernel and other components of OS and hardware in device should support 128GB cards as well (but the standard file system used on SD cards in Android may bulk at it).

The OP needs to format the card in the phone, or with an external microSD card reader and a third-party format utility (standard Windows format won't allow you to format a 64GB FAT32 partition). There are lots of threads on this topic out there, but just format it in the phone and should be good to go.

acejavelin

Reaction score
How do you format it in the phone ?

Settings-Storage, then Unmount SD Card... ummm, wait... I don't see 'Format' in ICS anymore...

Try this: Settings-Storage, Unmount SD Card, Erase SD Card, Mount SD card...

Checking further...

EDIT: It has to be formatted in a PC with FAT32, Windows XP can do it, but Vista/WIn7 cannot without a third party utility... This thread will explain it, ignore the few idiots who obviously don't know what they are talking about (typical XDA thread)... the answers are here with several options: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1692739

Last edited:

smo180

Reaction score
Islander53 said:
How do you format it in the phone ?

After I inserted the card, it said the card was damaged and gave the option to format. I was obviously still on Gingerbread. It apparently is not the same with ICS.

Islander53

Reaction score
Settings-Storage, then Unmount SD Card... ummm, wait... I don't see 'Format' in ICS anymore...

Try this: Settings-Storage, Unmount SD Card, Erase SD Card, Mount SD card...

Checking further...

EDIT: It has to be formatted in a PC with FAT32, Windows XP can do it, but Vista/WIn7 cannot without a third party utility... This thread will explain it, ignore the few idiots who obviously don't know what they are talking about (typical XDA thread)... the answers are here with several options: [Q] Formating 64gb sdxc as FAT32? - xda-developers

Thanks..I'll check out the thread...Unfortunately, I have Windows 7 on my PC.