The 2 SD cards...any apps that can see both?

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Hello! I am coming from a DX which only has two types of storage, internal and the removable SDCard. The HTC (Rezound...and others?) have Internal partitioned into "internal phone" which is around 2gigs, then there is "internal SD" which has about 10gigs....and external SD which is whatever your card is (16 stock).

When you download apps, by default they go into your internal phone storage....the smallest partition. Many apps can be moved to SD card these days, and it seems that when you do that on this phone it moves it to the "internal SD card" not the external SD....correct? Is there any way you could move it from the phone to external SD or Internal SD to external SD?

I have a lot of music and a few movies/videos...the reside on my external SD card. If I add new music it seems they are stored on the external SD card, which is good. So another question I have is what is (by default) the Internal SD card used for? And finally, is there an app that sees and is able to move apps/files between all three?

Thank you!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am coming from a DX which only has two types of storage, internal and the removable SDCard. The HTC (Rezound...and others?) have Internal partitioned into "internal phone" which is around 2gigs, then there is "internal SD" which has about 10gigs....and external SD which is whatever your card is (16 stock).

When you download apps, by default they go into your internal phone storage....the smallest partition. Many apps can be moved to SD card these days, and it seems that when you do that on this phone it moves it to the "internal SD card" not the external SD....correct? Is there any way you could move it from the phone to external SD or Internal SD to external SD?

I have a lot of music and a few movies/videos...the reside on my external SD card. If I add new music it seems they are stored on the external SD card, which is good. So another question I have is what is (by default) the Internal SD card used for? And finally, is there an app that sees and is able to move apps/files between all three?

Thank you!

Unfortunately because of the partition scheme, apps2sd is just not a good idea. Unless you juggle the mount points so that /sdcard2, the external SD card becomes /sdcard, the internal SD card.

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Unfortunately because of the partition scheme, apps2sd is just not a good idea. Unless you juggle the mount points so that /sdcard2, the external SD card becomes /sdcard, the internal SD card.

So was I correct when I said that when you move apps (using the phone app manager) from "phone" to "SDCard", it is in fact the internal card? That would be fine as that is where most of my available space is anyway. No, I don't want to mess with mount points!