HTC Props! Phone+Water=Working phone?

JustinMakaila

Reaction score
It seems everything on the general discussion page is some sort of complaint or problem, but i have something that's neither!

Last night, getting out of my uncle's car, my dinc fell out of my lap, bounced off the asphalt, and landed in an inch+ deep puddle. my immediate thought was (mod edit) as that would be the way for my dinc to go down (i've taken out every single phone i've had at least once over the past 6 or 7 years, either by swimming with it, daily use wearing it down, throwing it, you know... usual things you do to your phone). Anyways, after getting back up to my dorm, i realized that the phone was still on. my dinc fell in a puddle. somehow stayed on. i turned it off, took the battery out, hand dried everything, tried to turn it back on, and got stuck on the HTC Incredible boot screen. At this point I figured it was all over for me, but still took everything apart and dried it over night. After my 8am class, i come back, put everything back together, and BOOM! phone still works, everything is totally fine.

Props to HTC for coming out with a phone that has potential to survive short exposure to lots of water <3

Last edited by a moderator:

H3Dude

Reaction score
Nice!! I was at a bar and my mother-in-law wanted to taste the beer I was having. Full 20oz. draft dropped from her hand, onto the table, drenched my DInc, and into my lap. I looked up and my phone was totally soaked. I jumped out of my seat turned around and my phone was gone. Back came the waitress with a towel and my phone. She immeduiately grabbed my phone before I knew it and dried it off as best she could. Came back with it and cleaned up the mess, except for the 16oz. of beer in my cargo shorts. I pulled my case off and the back and dried the rest of the beer and the moisture indicators were not discolored or anything. Everything worked perfectly in my phone. She got a big tip and I wote on the receipt "Thanks for saving the Droid!" She obvioulsy had her priorities straight!!!

OP
JustinMakaila

JustinMakaila

Reaction score
ahah that's awesome. my phone, of course after being totally submerged in city rain water has a discolored water damage sticker... there go my hopes of ever having it replaced =/

Last edited by a moderator:

H3Dude

Reaction score
But now it has character and style! And I learned something from this experience. My DInc can handle its liquor!! BTW, how do you like Ultimate Droid? I heard there are still a few kinks to work out.

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm glad everyone is having such great luck!!

Please keep the language family friendly... Thanks! :D

OP
JustinMakaila

JustinMakaila

Reaction score
But now it has character and style! And I learned something from this experience. My DInc can handle its liquor!! BTW, how do you like Ultimate Droid? I heard there are still a few kinks to work out.

uhhh yeah i'm running Ruby 1.1.1 now, UD had way too many bugs, i didn't wanna put up with em, but what worked was freakin awesome. I'm gonna wait till a solid release comes out. i'm too lazy to update my signature every time i flash a new ROM, seeing as it's been a different one every 3ish days. I think I'm gonna stick with Ruby for a while though, i really like it

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Good deal on the phone still working. Keep a close eye on it. Seen a few cases like this where the phone worked initially but over time stopped as a result. Hopefully you won't have that issue. Just watch it closely.