I dropped my phone in water

PhillJ

Reaction score
I dropped it in some murky water outside. I let it dry, but now the screen is completely black but everything still turns on. I can't see anything. My phone is rooted but I can't give it back to Verizon like that if I try to use my warranty. Is my LED screen done for and how do I unroot like this?

Rynkar

Reaction score
Man I hate to say it, but water damage isn't covered by the warranty anyway. So the only way to get a new phone would be through insurance in which case being rooted wouldn't matter :-/ bad luck man

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bmxmster

Reaction score
Put it in the refridgerator for as long as you can it takes all the water out of the screen

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
Man I hate to say it, but water damage isn't covered by the warranty anyway. So the only way to get a new phone would be through insurance in which case being rooted wouldn't matter :-/ bad luck man

I meant insurance. Sorry. Does it matter that my phone is rooted? But my bigger question is if my screen is shot. I love this phone.

bmxmster

Reaction score
Ok, my honest opinion is that you probably waited to long and the water split the liquid crystals in the lcd. The insurance covers anything from broken to stolen/lost so honestly you don't even have to send it in you can just say it got stolen because the fee is $50 either way.

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
Droid Fried Rice

Try putting your entire phone, with the battery cover off, submerged in uncooked rice for 24-48 hours. Make sure to leave it level and have the screen side up.This should remove the moisture from your phone. I'm sorry to say that since you've powered up the phone while it was wet, this may not help, but its worth a try. This fix can't cost you more than $1.00. Hope this helps.

bmxmster

Reaction score
Try putting your entire phone, with the battery cover off, submerged in uncooked rice for 24-48 hours. Make sure to leave it level and have the screen side up.This should remove the moisture from your phone. I'm sorry to say that since you've powered up the phone while it was wet, this may not help, but its worth a try. This fix can't cost you more than $1.00. Hope this helps.

Another very helpful dehydrating tip :)

Rynkar

Reaction score
Lol ill have to remember those when the inevitable happens :p. But yeah man insurance wont care if its rooted or not. You could probably tell them you got bored and used it for target practice and they wouldn't care haha (I wouldn't reccomed that tho just to bw safe :p)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ok, my honest opinion is that you probably waited to long and the water split the liquid crystals in the lcd. The insurance covers anything from broken to stolen/lost so honestly you don't even have to send it in you can just say it got stolen because the fee is $50 either way.

Fee is $89 for smartphones unless your grandfathered in on the $50 plan....

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google a drying agent called decicant. Seems to woork good for drying electronics

Sent from my Liberty D2