Droid dropped in water

Storms illusion

Reaction score
So...since I haven't seen this yet. There are three water marks that you can see on the phone. One on the battery, one on the phone on the left, and one near the reset button on the left.

The story: My phone slid off my bed into a glass with a little bit of water in it. It only had a few drops so i assumed it was fine. Since it was turned on, i turned it off an took the battery out to let it dry. The two watermarks that i could see were still only white and red X's. I turned it on 4 hours later and it still turned on. So i put it on the charger overnight and woke up in the morning with the backlight not turning on! Still worked though! So i brought it into verizon and they told me to call and after 2 weeks i finally got a replacement. The phone was freezing the past month so i mentioned that without the dropping it in water. I just noticed the one near the reset button is red....So I'm screwed :(

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm so confused, what is the problem? Your replacement phone has problems?

OP
S

Storms illusion

Reaction score
Sorry maybe i should have continued. There isn't a problem. Figured I'd add in my droid disaster story.

I already got my new (like new) phone. Which I'm extremely grateful for since being without a phone for two weeks sucks! I'll be sending my old phone back tomorrow and I'm guessing they will charge me on my bill for the amount.

I will however state that the reason it took two weeks is because after 3 people (2 days) this lady said she'd call me back about the issue and never did.

Also because in previous posts no one has been clear on the water damage marks. Where they are and what exactly they look like.

Brokn68

Reaction score
The droid is the first phone I've ever bought the insurance on because of the cost to replace it. I could take a swim in the Atlantic ocean with mine and get a replacement for $50.00.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You shoulda unplugged it with battery out for about 3 days. Not four hours. And you should not have tried to scam verizon into giving you a phone without telling them you got water on it.

That being said, I hope it works out for you. That sucks. It's an expensive thing to pay for twice!

OP
S

Storms illusion

Reaction score
First phone i've also ever had insurance on...had a total of 3 phones in my life over a course of 10 years of owning a cell. I'm glad I did. Technically it wouldn't be a scam considering i called them in feb explaining my freezing issues. Honesty doesn't get anyone anywhere (in most cases). If the phone was damaged by an act of something other than the water, and the water mark was red...I simply would have to pay for something that was not my fault.

As far as the time, i needed my phone to do business. Since there was only a few drops on the phone i didn't expect any water could have hurt it. I was wrong.